SASS Wire Forum

SOLD 1860 Military Henry brass frame 45 colt

SOLD  24"Bbl  brass frame Uberti Military Henry imported by Navy Arms in 45 Colt.  50 rounds thru it and the only marks are where the empties hit the top of the frame.  Factory sling mounts.  No work done to it, no box.

$1,000 + shipping  (this things HEAVY)

Click on the photos to enlarge

fullsizeoutput_860.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_85f.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

And what might that be? :ph34r:

It'd be a pretty long list.  SKB, BSS, a pair of Vaquero's, a good pistol caliber lever gun , basically something good that can be used in CAS.  I've got over 20 '97s so theyre probably out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents, in the event this might add perspective to someone considering this.

I have a similar one of these and IMHO they are drop-dead-gorgeous shootin’ irons.  Mine doesn’t have sling swivels; wish it did.It has become my go-to rifle for CAS (second place would be my Uberti Model 1866; aka The Yellow Boy). Found it also very useful for Cowboy Lever Action silhouette matches.  Those big 45 slugs smack the silhouette targets with real authority.  The original Henrys had a reputation for accuracy due to their heavy barrel that was machined from solid bar stock. Mine has not disappointed.

This is a good price ... just compare to brand-new Henrys at various retailers.

Small note of caution.   My 7-decade-old eyes are not on friendly terms with open sights.  I use tang sights both for their vastly increased accuracy potential and because they are so period correct.  My Henry wasn’t drilled and tapped for a tang sight.  Relatively simple chore for a gunsmith to do the drilling and tapping; only took mine perhaps 15-20 minutes and the addition greatly increased the gun’s accuracy potential.  Keep this in mind if you want a tang sight. I’m sure I’d go to Cowboy hell if I disgraced that beautiful, period piece with a modern receiver sight.If you and open sights are on speaking terms then no problem.

Good luck to the Pard that nails this down ... hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Adios

Fort Reno Kid 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived