SASS Wire Forum

Humanity

Joe LaFives #5481

I haven't been on the wire much in the past year so I was enjoying going through the various threads.  I found the WTC thread about "Jacketed Shotgun shells"    A Pun I just made up. :)   And it got me to thinking about stuff.  So it can be assumed that most individuals on this forum are conservatives.  And one would think that other demographic indicators are also similar and yet a thread can go on for 9 pages with a lot of disagreements.  Imagine if we had a much more diverse group on this forum.  ALL of threads would probably look like that and nothing would get settled.  It reminds me of the quote by Thomas Jefferson:

" In the fevered state of our country, no good can ever result from any attempt to set one of these fiery zealots to rights, either in fact or principle. They are determined as to the facts they will believe, and the opinions on which they will act. Get by them, therefore, as you would by an angry bull; it is not for a man of sense to dispute the road with such an animal.”   Have a great day all. :)

8 hours ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

Get by them, therefore, as you would by an angry bull; it is not for a man of sense to dispute the road with such an animal.”  

What did I do?  I wasn't even in that thread. :(

See you at Winter Range my friend. :lol:

Its obvious that Thomas Jefferson never shot Cowboy Action..... :D

And I might add that even one of the best written documents in history,  which he was

a part in its creation,  is still being debated by its true meaning..... The 2nd A.

..........Widder

16 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I don't suppose that any of my arguments will change your mind...

Believe it or not, you’ve actually changed my mind in the past. The one I remember most clearly was a debate (argument) on the Spirit of the Game penalty. I was firmly convinced the shooter in question had earned a SOG penalty. You knew otherwise. After a great deal of discussion (argument) you finally got through my thick skull and showed me how I was wrong. I’m still very thankful for you efforts (hard headedness). 

1 hour ago, Shooting Bull said:

Believe it or not, you’ve actually changed my mind in the past. The one I remember most clearly was a debate (argument) on the Spirit of the Game penalty. I was firmly convinced the shooter in question had earned a SOG penalty. You knew otherwise. After a great deal of discussion (argument) you finally got through my thick skull and showed me how I was wrong. I’m still very thankful for you efforts (hard headedness). 

And I've been wrong many times... Good arguments/debate lead to clarity.  

The evidence of a quality person is shown when they can admit that they were wrong... Besides, only God is never wrong.

;)

30 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken... :P

And you probably found somebody on the Wire to argue about both situations..... ;)

..........Widder

There should have been a Baptist Category a long time ago!   Yet here we are, still today, without a SASS approved Baptist Category.  No excuse.  No excuse!

There. 

I guess I told you!

Archived