SASS Wire Forum

Pets - get out the hankies again.

Subdeacon Joe

I’ve a lot of human friends over the years. I’ve learned to say they are better off, we had good times and I’ll see them again. Maybe! But I’ve had to say goodbye to a great number of BEST friends, and while I know they are better off, they visit me in all my new best friends. 

In my dreams, my daily walks, my visit to the pet food aisle, everything I do reminds me of them even when many of them is physically no longer with me. They are part of me and my soul.

They have have walked with me through all my life paths and still do. They are with me always and yet I miss them as though they are not here, when I know they are. 

They are and will always be my best friend and companion.

i miss you. Lady, Major, Brandy, Bo, Dugan, KD, and Derby. 

Thanks SJ. 

I think ill I’ll go cuddle with Darby

1377CA33-9374-40F3-82DF-D47982786772.jpeg

8 hours ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

I’ve a lot of human friends over the years. I’ve learned to say they are better off, we had good times and I’ll see them again. Maybe! But I’ve had to say goodbye to a great number of BEST friends, and while I know they are better off, they visit me in all my new best friends. 

In my dreams, my daily walks, my visit to the pet food aisle, everything I do reminds me of them even when many of them is physically no longer with me. They are part of me and my soul.

They have have walked with me through all my life paths and still do. They are with me always and yet I miss them as though they are not here, when I know they are. 

They are and will always be my best friend and companion.

i miss you. Lady, Major, Brandy, Bo, Dugan, KD, and Derby. 

Thanks SJ. 

I think ill I’ll go cuddle with Darby

1377CA33-9374-40F3-82DF-D47982786772.jpeg

Hey Tom, what kind of dog is that? We adopted one not long ago that looks just like that. We figured she is just a mutt.

JHC

On 2/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Image may contain: text

51396413_2563876206963178_1268134955804786688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=ef169340bd165f2c32a3ddd3cc80d6b9&oe=5CB94361

Image may contain: text

That first strip struck a chord. I've never really believed in ghosts and such, but since we lost our little Peanut, there have been MANY times when going to bed, I've felt like there was a dog jumping on the bed. I finally mentioned it to my wife, she's felt it too. But there's no dog there.

JHC

3 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Hey Tom, what kind of dog is that? We adopted one not long ago that looks just like that. We figured she is just a mutt.

JHC

That first strip struck a chord. I've never really believed in ghosts and such, but since we lost our little Peanut, there have been MANY times when going to bed, I've felt like there was a dog jumping on the bed. I finally mentioned it to my wife, she's felt it too. But there's no dog there.

JHC

She is a Toy Minn Pinn. I’ve almost always had Labradors, but when my last one passed the wife got Darby. We’ve had her since she was 8 weeks old. She was born on Christmas Day 2009. Weighs all of 6 pounds and sleeps behind my knees every night.  She’s a real joy.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Our lastest addition to the Rainbow Bridge a few weeks ago.  Went quietly in his sleep.  He was 12 1/2.  I’d write more, but having problems seeing the screen clearly!!:(

FF5CD7BE-9728-490B-ADBA-A59E6A72B674.jpeg

We've lost so many, and it's true, they do take a piece of your heart with them. Cuddles, Lucky, Smokey, Ming, Sadie, Mittens, on and on. We've got another that's getting close to his life cycle end at this time, eventually he'll join the list. they were all loved and loved back:(:blush:

We just lost Chaco, a Manchester terrier to some unknown illness. He just like got sick and died in a day or two. Vet was at a loss as well. To be honest he was probably the biggest pain in the ass dog we've had, but at the same time the most loving. Always wanted attention and wanted to jump his boney butt in your lap. I miss you knothead.

JHC

15 hours ago, Clueless Bob said:

Our lastest addition to the Rainbow Bridge a few weeks ago.  Went quietly in his sleep.  He was 12 1/2.  I’d write more, but having problems seeing the screen clearly!!:(

FF5CD7BE-9728-490B-ADBA-A59E6A72B674.jpeg

Sorry for your loss of course, but you and he were lucky in his passing. We lost a very beloved one one a few years ago to heart failure, bad valve in the ticker. Finally got CHF so bad he couldn't breathe. I was up all night with him one night, should have took him out and shot him, just couldn't do it. He was better by morning, but got worse a few days later and had to take him for that last ride to the vet.

JHC

Archived