SASS Wire Forum

Witch spring kit for 1894 marlin?

Tooslow

I am wanting to smooth up my marlin 1894 cowboys limited 44 mag. I have been looking at spring kits and one piece firing pins. Some steel and some titanium. 

Anyone know witch one is best? 

Anything else I should do? I have had this rifle a long time and have never had an issues intell recently I tried someone's 44 special loads that locked the gun up. I think they where too short as they measured 1.485 col

Thanks. John Tooslow Roberts 

21 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Here-

http://www.pioneergunworks.com/marlin-rifle-parts/

Get the stainless mag tube follower also. 

What was the bullet profile of these reloads? 

OLG

Round nose flat point 200grn

Look hard at this extractor-Know it sounds weird-But it does away with a lot of feeding issues.

FWIW: I did some of the prototype testing for RPP on this part, and now have one in each of my M/94's.

https://www.rangerpointstore.com/shop-all/marlin-1894-feed-issues-m-94-extractor-claw-2017-all-new-design/

OLG

OLG I believe it's just a timing issue with the shorter rounds. The rim of the next inline cartridge is getting hung on the front of the carrier assembly. 

You sure the rim is not hitting the bottom corner of the ejector's 'wall'?

Take the ejector out and give it a try.

The OEM extractor can/does interfere with feeding because the case rim doesn't slide smoothly under the 'hook'.

All 3 of my M/94's will feed SWC bullets without issue with the RPP extractor in place. They didn't before with the OEM extractor.

OLG

Unfortunately I gave the remaining 44 special loads back already. But it sounds like I should just change to the new extractor anyway. 

Thanks for the advice.  J.R.

Archived