Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Texas Jack Daniels

Would you shoot this match?

Recommended Posts

Of course! Only depends on the date and the location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When and Where. Have the clothes and all the firearms except the derringer and I am pretty sure I can borrow one of those on short notice.

I can even shoot a different set of pistols each stage. 

 

I can even bring along my wife dressed to the nines in her finest cowgirl outfits for support.

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will they have a BP category??

 

When  and where?

 

Ol'  #4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love to.

 

But I would be a bit unconventional with Schofields and a Win 1887. The rifle could vary: Spencer, Henry, Win Musket (original), Win 1873, Marlin or Burgess.

 

Also have the derringer, pocket pistol and single shot rifle caliber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bazinga?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be there, just tell me when and where.  I would really like to shoot all different styles.  I hope they put outlaw in there!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I am serious.  This is not a "bazinga".  So I will start looking for sponsors and a place for this match.  When and where is also still TBD.  For all I knew I was going to get a lot of "Hell no" replies.  It is a chicken and the egg problem.  Sponsors want TV coverage and some sort of guarantee there will be shooters.  Shooters want some sort of guarantee there will be awards.  

The number of stages per day is limited by the number of shooters and the number of shooting bays.  I will start working on logistics and such.  I will also draw up a serious proposal and engage the Wild Bunch to gauge their interest.  I will set up a web site by the end of the month to communicate more details and get feedback.

 

Vendors will be free too.  BTW, no side matches, no costume contests.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all in for it.Let me KNOW.

                                                       Largo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texas Jack Daniels said:

OK I am serious.  This is not a "bazinga".  So I will start looking for sponsors and a place for this match.  When and where is also still TBD.  For all I knew I was going to get a lot of "Hell no" replies.  It is a chicken and the egg problem.  Sponsors want TV coverage and some sort of guarantee there will be shooters.  Shooters want some sort of guarantee there will be awards.  

The number of stages per day is limited by the number of shooters and the number of shooting bays.  I will start working on logistics and such.  I will also draw up a serious proposal and engage the Wild Bunch to gauge their interest.  I will set up a web site by the end of the month to communicate more details and get feedback.

 

Vendors will be free too.  BTW, no side matches, no costume contests.

And please restrict the match to current SASS recognised categories.

 

Thanks TJD!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texas Jack Daniels said:

OK I am serious.  This is not a "bazinga".  So I will start looking for sponsors and a place for this match.  When and where is also still TBD.  For all I knew I was going to get a lot of "Hell no" replies.  It is a chicken and the egg problem.  Sponsors want TV coverage and some sort of guarantee there will be shooters.  Shooters want some sort of guarantee there will be awards.  

The number of stages per day is limited by the number of shooters and the number of shooting bays.  I will start working on logistics and such.  I will also draw up a serious proposal and engage the Wild Bunch to gauge their interest.  I will set up a web site by the end of the month to communicate more details and get feedback.

 

Vendors will be free too.  BTW, no side matches, no costume contests.

 

And if there's a chance for tent camping, that would be most welcome!

 

Good idea Texas Jack D - you may end up with more folks than you bargained for!

 

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like an absolute hoot!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in depending on when and where.

Would also need to borrow rifle caliber rifles and ammo.

 

Marshal Stone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in. I bet we could talk the Bridgsdale County shootist into using there range. Colorado is pretty central and would make it easy for everyone to get there. 

Just sayin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Texas Jack Daniels said:

Shooters want some sort of guarantee there will be awards.  

 

I don't care about the awards. I just want to shoot what sounds like a really fun match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I am now retired... Sounds like fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oak creek martin said:

Count me in. I bet we could talk the Bridgsdale County shootist into using there range. Colorado is pretty central and would make it easy for everyone to get there. 

Just sayin!

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yes it’s exactly 346 miles from Lebanon Kansas which is the true geographical center point of the lower 48 states in the United States. 

Or really -we might be able to shoot it at that range?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, oak creek martin said:

 Yes it’s exactly 346 miles from Lebanon Kansas which is the true geographical center point of the lower 48 states in the United States. 

Or really -we might be able to shoot it at that range?

 

Or Really? As in how on God's green Earth is Colorado centrally located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for God's sake, just state if you're interested and leave it at that...TJD is quite capable on figuring out the rest.

 

Fricken Wire...

 

<_<

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 My bad everyone. Just trying to have a little fun on the wire. But seriously we would love to have everybody come to Colorado at least once in their life. Some of us are just lucky enough to get to live here!   And yes again count me in can’t wait sounds like a lot of fun !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of the location, it won't be good for everyone. The concept sounds like a good time, I'm all for innovation and growing SASS. Especially, if there is some good press and video. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still wanna know what the costume requirements are.   I've never heard of "Quigley" as a type of costume category.   Does this mean we have to dress like someone in the movie, or it is some other thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I still wanna know what the costume requirements are.   I've never heard of "Quigley" as a type of costume category.   Does this mean we have to dress like someone in the movie, or it is some other thing?

It means look like you'd fit in on the movie...

 

If you have a specific question, PM TJD...

 

he's trying measure whether this match would be well received and attended even without a bunch of detail...yes or no!

 

And relax, if you say yes your not committing... And if you say no, and later want to participate, I'm sure you'd be able to.

 

Phantom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Costume requirements were really dress the part. Wranglers, a button down shirt, hat, and boots aren't enough. We will work on more details as we go along. Think "classic cowboy".

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that's  sounds like a blast!!  I'm in!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in, pending the details.  Expect lots of smoke, flame and boom.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would Love to ...

I'm From Canada ,,,,,,,,,,

 

Jabez Cowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely intrested!

 

Edited by Tex Boden, SASS#19427 L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You bet I'm in, just let us know where and when. Retirement is great. Bulldog Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.