SASS Wire Forum

Would you shoot this match?

Texas Jack Daniels

Judgement Day

No entry fee.

20 stages.  4 a day for 5 days.

You have to shoot a least one stage traditional, one duelist, one gunfighter.

One stage will involve a derringer, another a pocket pistol, another a rifle caliber rifle, another a single shot rifle caliber rifle.  

You have to dress.  Quigley level cowboy/cowgirl. 

Jim Scoutten and his crew are filming everything for Shooting USA

The awards are serious,  Custom Colts, a jeep, a tricked out golf cart, Dillon 1050, etc., etc. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sign me up.

4 minutes ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Should be one humdinger of a shoot, if ya got plenty of stamina. My guess is this will not be a sanctioned CAS/SASS event with the type of awards being offered. 

Might be a match to promote SASS.

Absotively posilutely!   Sounds like a real blast.  

Some clarification.   What exactly IS "traditional?"  I know that sounds silly, but I've always shot double duelist style.   Does that mean I have to actually shoot my pistols 2 handed for one stage?

I get the impression there are some sort of costume requirements.   Can you be more specific that just saying "Quigley level cowboy/cowgirl."   I don't know what that means.   :)

WHEN AND WHERE?!?  (I'm potentially excited!)

1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Absotively posilutely!   Sounds like a real blast.  

Some clarification.   What exactly IS "traditional?"  I know that sounds silly, but I've always shot double duelist style.   Does that mean I have to actually shoot my pistols 2 handed for one stage?

I get the impression there are some sort of costume requirements.   Can you be more specific that just saying "Quigley level cowboy/cowgirl."   I don't know what that means.   :)

WHEN AND WHERE?!?  (I'm potentially excited!)

Traditional is to handed.  

Suggest googling Quigley<_<

I would Love to shoot it.....

but unfortunately for me, the Only way I can physically shoot a pistol safely is two handed....

(Gunfighter is OUT.... Maybe a very slow left handed duelist, but it would'nt be pretty)

So If they make exceptions for Old Geezers with motorcycle wrecked hands and wrists.... Then I'm In!!!!

OK it’s been asked by multiple people multiple times but it hasn’t been answered yet! Where and when???

1 hour ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

I would Love to shoot it.....

but unfortunately for me, the Only way I can physically shoot a pistol safely is two handed....

(Gunfighter is OUT.... Maybe a very slow left handed duelist, but it would'nt be pretty)

So If they make exceptions for Old Geezers with motorcycle wrecked hands and wrists.... Then I'm In!!!!

Me too.  I don't shoot gunfighter and would not want to show my lack of proficiency in that shooting style on national TV.  I am looking forward to watching the episode and hope all the smokey shooters do well.

why, of course!

Archived