SASS Wire Forum

The Quiet Man

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

My wife's favorite movie.  Since we were married in 1965 I've watched it at least one a year, sometimes more.  Until today I never noticed that when the crowd was singing A Wild Colonial Boy in the pub the mouths were not in sync with the singing.  I don't think they were singing that song at all, but it was dubbed in later.

Don't know if this bothers anyone else, but having been in marching band in both junior and senior high school, I notice when people in movies are marching to music.

And it bugs the hell out of me when they are out of step.

Not out of step with each other. They're usually pretty good about that.

Out of step with the music. Arrrgghhhhh.

Watching The Quiet Man every St. Patrick's Day has been my tradition for years.  Looking forward to it yet again.

The Quiet Man and The Masters Tournament -- signs that winter is over!    ;)

On 2/5/2019 at 4:23 PM, Alpo said:

Don't know if this bothers anyone else, but having been in marching band in both junior and senior high school, I notice when people in movies are marching to music.

And it bugs the hell out of me when they are out of step.

Not out of step with each other. They're usually pretty good about that.

Out of step with the music. Arrrgghhhhh.

My favorite is when there's a band on stage and you hear music playing. You hear horn music but the band on stage does not have a horn section. Or vice versa. Or the music has a drum fill and the drummer's quietly sitting behind the set tapping out quarter notes or something innane.

Most of the scenes in this film were filmed in the Village of Cong in County Mayo.  There were other scenes shot in County Galway which is close to Cong also.  My grandfather grew up not far from there and I have been to Cong several times during the eight times I have visited Ireland.

0F2BA6C7-00C5-4B71-AAD0-0B094713E11E.jpeg

Oge Flynn??

I've seen that movie at least a dozen times, and always thought it was O'Flynn.

But then, there's an Eddie Robinson gangster comedy, Larceny Inc.

220px-Larceny_Inc_1942_poster.jpg

I've seen it numerous times, and always thought his character was "Crusher". Was looking it up the other day, and find out it's"Pressure".

6 hours ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

Most of the scenes in this film were filmed in the Village of Cong in County Mayo.  There were other scenes shot in County Galway which is close to Cong also.  My grandfather grew up not far from there and I have been to Cong several times during the eight times I have visited Ireland.

0F2BA6C7-00C5-4B71-AAD0-0B094713E11E.jpeg

Cohan's is really a hardware store.  My wife and daughter went there and saw it.I wasn't invited.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived