SASS Wire Forum

TSA Compliant Drivers License

Tried to get a BC from the state of Illinois.  Three months of rejection - really irritated me.  So, I went to the county (Cook) in Illinois (Chicago).  In a week I had my BC.  It appears that my mom used her previous married last name on the BC form.    Chicago recognized that I am who I am and issued the dumb certificate.  I guess having an identifiable mom and dad that are married was a new trick for Illinois.  Surprised that Cook County responded so quickly.  Maybe because Married folks are kept in a special database. :-).

Going to get the Passport shortly.....That will be another wonderful experience I am sure.  I may have to get pictures of my Great Great Grand fathers graves = I have some of their records going back prior to 1838.  GRRRRR

STL Suomi

Haven't you guy's heard? They plan to do away with air travel by 2030.:lol:

Irish Tom 

In my experience getting a passport is much easier than dealing with the DMV. Check with your local library as the one in Martinsburg, WV has a person who handles passport processing including the photos and dealing with the US State Dept. If at all possible, avoid the USPS as they are typical Govt. employees who, in my opinion, could care less about customer service.

Church Key

2 hours ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

In my experience getting a passport is much easier than dealing with the DMV. Check with your local library as the one in Martinsburg, WV has a person who handles passport processing including the photos and dealing with the US State Dept. If at all possible, avoid the USPS as they are typical Govt. employees who, in my opinion, could care less about customer service.

Church Key

Well, in the Live Free or Die state of NH, THE DMV folks are fo4 the most part helpfull and efficient.  The passport lady at the Manchester Post Office is equally helpful.  I know other states do have problems with their entitled civil servants.

5 hours ago, Irish Tom said:

Haven't you guy's heard? They plan to do away with air travel by 2030.:lol:

Irish Tom 

According to a certain Congress-person* from New York, thay're gonna replace airplanes with high-speed rail trains (does California HSR come to mind? :rolleyes:).  One of Hawaii's senators points out that it could be a bit of challenge for her state... B)

*As part of her plan, said Congress-person also intends to replace ALL buildings in the U S with more energy-efficient models.  Oh MY!  :o

31 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

According to a certain Congress-person* from New York, thay're gonna replace airplanes with high-speed rail trains (does California HSR come to mind? :rolleyes:).  One of Hawaii's senators points out that it could be a bit of challenge for her state... B)

*As part of her plan, said Congress-person also intends to replace ALL buildings in the U S with more energy-efficient models.  Oh MY!  :o

Hardpan,

I could say more, but I don't want this to become political. Needless to say, it's quite a pipe dream.

Irish Tom.

3 hours ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

Church Key

The USPS folks here are always cheerful and helpful. But it’s a small town and everybody knows everybody.

21 hours ago, Irish Tom said:

Hardpan,

I could say more, but I don't want this to become political. Needless to say, it's quite a pipe dream.

Irish Tom.

…………. I can't help but wonder what is in that pipe they are smoking to induce those dreams …… :blink:

7 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

…………. I can't help but wonder what is in that pipe they are smoking to induce those dreams …… :blink:

WJ, here's a sample of the murals painted in the long-gone Sears Roebuck store in San Francisco, 1940... note the center portion.  It would be vilified and probably illegal today.  The picture, not the act depicted.  

I regret not having photographed them "back in the day."  They were magnificent, depicting San Francisco's history.  I recall one in particular, the subject being a Chinatown opium den...

sf-9831_orig.thumb.jpg.2bdf19421ffad5cc9b60ff72935fba1a.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:36 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

WJ, here's a sample of the murals painted in the long-gone Sears Roebuck store in San Francisco, 1940... note the center portion.  It would be vilified and probably illegal today.  The picture, not the act depicted.  

I regret not having photographed them "back in the day."  They were magnificent, depicting San Francisco's history.  I recall one in particular, the subject being a Chinatown opium den...

sf-9831_orig.thumb.jpg.2bdf19421ffad5cc9b60ff72935fba1a.jpg

……. looks like weedkiller ….. or draino

Careful Boys, Big Brother is watching us. 

Why do you want a drivers license anyway. Lots of folks don't need one, or at least don't use one. 

And when the green folks take away fossil fuels, you can't get any fuel anyway.   Get a bicycle. 

13 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

……. looks like weedkiller ….. or draino

Note the poppy in the background... and the dragon formed by the smoke from the opium pipe.

There was another depiction that was much more elaborate.  Undoubtedly long since painted or plastered over, along with many other outstanding murals.  

1250115027_Mural-Sears2.jpg.c110a208486a1941970fd6a53dd2e2fc.jpg

Archived