SASS Wire Forum

Below zero and shooting in short sleeves...

Three Foot Johnson

Living here has its advantages! :)

I bought a new Henry Frontier octagon Saturday, and just had to shoot it, despite the weather.

My new indoor range also doubles as a bathroom, but put your slippers on first, cuz .22 brass all over the floor is just as bad as Legos. :lol:

Lead - yeah, yeah - I'm past the age most men in this family die and this house will most likely be used for a practice fire for the local VFD when I'm gone.

100_2380.JPG

100_2382.JPG

I don't shoot in short sleeves cause the wind tends to blow in the window. :D

Sniper3.JPG

Sniper7.JPG

Sniper4.JPG

That looks like an M-1 Garand. In which case, I think I would "pad" the upper window with plywood so the ejected brass doesn't result in glass fragments flying all over the place!  Or, if the ejected brass manages to clear and fly out the window, you have to bundle up to police up the brass...outside!

2 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

That looks like an M-1 Garand. In which case, I think I would "pad" the upper window with plywood so the ejected brass doesn't result in glass fragments flying all over the place!  Or, if the ejected brass manages to clear and fly out the window, you have to bundle up to police up the brass...outside!

The brass files nicely to the right. It tends to bounce off the flak vest on the wall 

Isn't that a belt fed M1 Garand? Very rare indeed!

Bugler

Eutaw knows his rifle!

Brass goes consistently to the same place?
Now there's a handy trait for a rifle to have!

I had a Browning Hi-Power that was the same ... I could lay my hat on the ground and drop my fired brass in it (as long as I did not change stance, grip or position) all day long.

Had another that slung brass like a fat man spittin' water melon seeds.

(Personally I like the idea of staying warm in such inclement weather! When it's far enough below zero my Jeep's electronic throttle runs up the white flag and fails, it's too cold to be out!)

Archived