SASS Wire Forum

As if the walk wasn't scary enough...

2 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Here's the funny part. It's CHINA. They don't even check the purity of their air , water, or composition of their food.

There is no (insert colorful expletive here) way I would go out on that thing, especially with a bunch of people. No way, ain't happening. Period.

The crackling part would just make me mad...after I figured out it wasn't real.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

There is no (insert colorful expletive here) way I would go out on that thing, especially with a bunch of people. No way, ain't happening. Period.

The crackling part would just make me mad...after I figured out it wasn't real.

Yeah, you'd probably get angry, punch the glass, and suddenly find out it IS real. :o;)

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

when I fly in a plane I can spend all of the flight looking at the ground below without a problem

put me on top of a 12 foot ladder and that's a whole different story.

That's called "breakoff phenomenon".  In a plane your brain recognizes the floor as...solid ground.  On a ladder...forget it! :o  I've known professional pilots who got the fantods on a two-step stepladder.  The only time I lost the breakoff in an airplane was when I looked down through two layers of broken clouds, and could get the perception of height above the ground, several tens of thousands of feet below! :wacko: 

Airplanes don't bother me, but going to the top of the Moffet Field Hangar in a hot air balloon was terrifying. You're just hanging there.... swaying back and forth....

Archived