SASS Wire Forum

That is actually impressive.  Getting a cat to hold still long enough to clip its fur that precisely would be a tough job.  

Tip of the Stetson to the groomer!!  :lol:

12 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

That is actually impressive.  Getting a cat to hold still long enough to clip its fur that precisely would be a tough job.  

Tip of the Stetson to the groomer!!  :lol:

J-BAR:

I did some digging into the background of this photo,

and found a pic of that groomer with the surgical paws. :P

386315243_Dr.Kitty.jpg.bb229b3def8851e0f76ec9132e1e2061.jpg

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I wonder if the owners had to have the cat partially shaved for some medical reason and then had it trimmed to make a virtue out of necessity.

…… sometimes I just wonder ……..

:blush:

I happened to be shopping at one of the large chain pet supply stores in St Louis one summer.  The had an onsite grooming service and were shaving a cat while I was there.  The cat appeared to be partially sedated.  The cat acted as though it was being tortured as it was trying with all it had to get away from the groomer.  The cashier told me people frequently shave their cats during the summer because they believe it is cooler for them. 

After having witnessed that cat in such distress, I hope the one pictured above was shaved because of a skin condition.  I would hate for any animal to be tortured like that to humor their owners.  Sorry to rain on your parade but I will never get the image of the struggling cat out of my mind.

Our doctor had two long haired puddy tats.
Every late spring/early summer he had them groomed/shaved so they looked like a cross between a maned African lion, and a poodle.
The cats sulked for a month and refused to come out of hiding save only to eat, and to litterbox.
As I recall, they both had the "I know where you sleep" death glare down pat!

Archived