SASS Wire Forum

Olay Superbowl Ad

This was probably one of the most boring football games I've ever watched, let alone a Stupid, er Super Bowl game!  I fell asleep about four times through the first three quarters, and my wife called me for dinner half-way through the fourth.  She was watching Columbo, and I didn't care if I didn't see the ending!  Didn't watch half-time, either!  The ads interrupted the game about every three minutes, and, as was posted, the Budweiser commercials were the best of a bad lot!  Oh, well, spring training starts soon!  At least the Rockies have Arenado for at least one more season (I hope)!

Sour grapes make a lousy whine........:lol:

If you had watched the game, you would not have seen a single kneeler; you would have seen and heard a moving rendition of the National Anthem by Gladys Knight; and you would have seen a fine defensive battle in the tradition of "Old Time" football.

And you would have seen the GOAT!!!!

OK; I'm prejudiced.  Tough.

Go Pats!!!  ;)

LL

I ended up watching the last quarter but only because my family was watching and I didn’t want to be rude. I rediscovered that I really do not like pro football. I really do not like the idiots called “announcers”. The rules that exist are beyond stupid...it’s football, for gawd sakes. 

At one point I walked into the living room and there was an ad one talking about football players doing battle and equating them to soldiers...I really dislike the NFL, Pro football and everything to do with it.

There. Now I have to off to work and listen to everyone’s BS about this flippin’ game all day long...

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

If you had watched the game, you would not have seen a single kneeler; you would have seen and heard a moving rendition of the National Anthem by Gladys Knight; and you would have seen a fine defensive battle in the tradition of "Old Time" football.

Go Pats!!!  ;)

LL

Cheering for the home town team is always okay in my book.

And as a semi-student of the game, it was fascinating to watch.  A chess match of amazing teams executing plans developed by brilliant coaches. 

I just enjoy watching shootouts more than chess matches. 

And Gladys Knight did do justice to the anthem.

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Go Pats!!!  ;)

LL

Congratulations to the Patriots, great QB, great coach and great team!

The half time show was probably the worst ever that I can remember!! Ugh.........:o

The half time show was probably the worst ever that I can remember!! Ugh......

What the mute button was designed for no doubt. That was noise not music.

4 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

The half time show was probably the worst ever that I can remember!! Ugh......

What the mute button was designed for no doubt. That was noise not music.

CBS had to use the mute button during one of the songs. If it was okay for the stadium it should have been okay for TV.

For me, the best ads were:

1. Bud Light/Game of Thrones

2. Amazon - Alexa Beta (Dog Collar) w/ Harrison Ford

3. Bubly starring Michael Buble'

They were the ones that made me laugh.

The best in game movement for me was when Tony Romo called the Jinx by Jim Nance on the first missed field goal...

19 hours ago, Snake River Clay SASS #34984 said:

CBS had to use the mute button during one of the songs. If it was okay for the stadium it should have been okay for TV.

Tell that to the FCC

I got glimpses of the game.  Not a fan of either team and can't stand listening to "fan boy" Romo!!  I knew the halftime show would be distasteful to me and apparently I was correct!!  Gladys Knight did an acceptable rendition of the National Anthem and when that was done, I went out to the shop and cleaned up and reclaimed an old shotgun that had survived a fire.  Turns out that this Winchester 1200 is pretty and purty slick too!! Time better spent!!!

Schoolmarm says the Bud commercial with the Dalmation was good!!

Archived