SASS Wire Forum

Hello

Doc Jack  Rabitt

Hello everyone,

I've been a longtime lurker on here decided this is the year I'm going to take the plunge . My son and I went to our local club wow, what a great bunch of people made feel  us welcome. Can't wait to shoot first match  now to get all the gear together so anyone thinning the herd please let me know we need everything to start. All advice welcomed.

Welcom aboard Doc! Find a local shoot or two and go visit and ask questions. The pards will show you the ropes, show you some firearms, and answer your questions. Don't be afraid to ask questions here also.

Welcome to the game!!! You and your son have a blast!!

image.png.84484a5319d60a67adec2aa4b7276b1f.png

Work on your costumes for awhile and shoot the guns offered to you.  It's too soon for you to be buying firearms.  You wouldn't buy an automobile without a test drive.  Same for firearms.

Welcome and tell us where you live so the locals can contact you.

jeans, boots, long sleeve shirt and cowboy hat will do for a start--no costume police here especially when you're just starting.

as said go out and when they start throwing guns at you so you can shoot TAKE THEM UP ON IT.  Try before you Buy!

Some of the pards may have backup guns for sale--or safe queens that are looking for a new home.

Let us know where you are in this Great Big Beautiful Country we call the United States of America!  I'm sheparding two new shooters starting in SASS and having a mentor is a great thing to latch on to.  Ask the club if they have any Shepards, German or otherwise :D

Another thing on your To Do List is acquiring ammo that is not store bought.  Most if not all of my two clubs reload.  Another fun hobby that dovetails right into SASS.

There is a bit of a learning curve but we all got through and taken a step at a time it isn't that hard.

And remember:  We're glad to have you on our SASS Posse!

5a6f7612de843_CheyenneRanger-PosseMember.JPG.a172a713ac9eb5d112ebc9f4553f71b4.JPG.8857c0d31e3ecfa5268fa6f8021955e0.JPG

1 minute ago, Doc Jack Rabitt said:

Thanks everyone for the kind replies and good advice, My son and I live in Louisville ky we 've been down to our local club great guys explained alot to us made us feel welcome. Our local club is the Knob Creek Gunslingers Guild.

The Iron Cowboy is at Park City on April 12&13 and The KY State is at Ponderosa Pine in Manchester first weekend in May. 

Welcome to the dance. 

The best advice I can give anyone .

1. Saftey  first 

2. Only compete with yourself. 

3. Have fun 

Welcome aboard Doc!

Welcome to the best game and folks goin Doc Jack Rabitt. Get ready to have a ball!!

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

Archived