SASS Wire Forum

WTC?

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, McCandless said:

On a frozen day, I'm not saying I'd actually call it.  Probably I'd just laugh.  Just putting out there what the rules actually say.  There's a lot of stuff that goes on in various circumstances that we wouldn't and couldn't do in a major match.  I probably wouldn't be allowed to use my .45-70 as my main match rifle like I sometimes do at a local match, (properly downloaded to cowboy .45 Colt velocities).  Slow but fun to do now and then.  :P 

45-70? My goodness. 

Was the coat at or below the belly button?

"Shotgun :  uses all his ammo and still has one KD standing.  

Lays open and cl ear shotgun down

goes to his coat an d removes two shotgun shells from a pocket

returns to shotgun, loa ds and shoots KD which finally goes down."

So he did all this stuff,  almost certainly taking a heck of a lot more than 5 Seconds to do this which is all the target penalty was, and now we want to Stack some penalties on him? In a Reload situation, if you can't reload your gun in less than 5 Seconds, there's no reason for the reload.

So I walk to the line and decide my shotgun belt is loose and may fall. So I take it off and place it on the prop. Time to shoot shotgun and so I take my ammo off of the "staged" shotgun belt. So everyone is saying as long as I brought the ammo to the line legally then the shooter can pretty much do what ever!  Even though the stage instructions didn't say the shooter could "stage" their ammo.   And IMHO this has nothing to do with the dropped round being retrieved rule. The dropped round should have came from a "legal" means of bringing ammo to the line. This scenario is not a dropped round. How long it took the shooter to retrieve the rounds and it being winter and it being a monthly shoot shouldn't come into play

what would the call be at Winter Range or EOT?

Ike

Ammunition required for loading/reloading during the course of any stage must be carried on the shooter’s person, in a bandoleer, cartridge/shot shell belt loop, pouch, holster, pocket, or be safely staged as required by stage instructions.

5 hours ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

Ammunition required for loading/reloading during the course of any stage must be carried on the shooter’s person, in a bandoleer, cartridge/shot shell belt loop, pouch, holster, pocket,

or be safely staged as required by stage instructions.

2 minutes ago, Carolina Gunslinger said:

But it's not page four yet! You promised! What are we working for now?

Just pointing out the 2nd option (besides "on the shooter's person") in the quoted rule.
;)

Feel free to carry on with the discussion.

^_^

So is it “staged in an approved manner” or “staged as required by stage instructions?”  We have two quotes uothread.  Are they different rules?

if the first, there’s room to argue that the approval need not be written in the stage instructions and can even be given after the fact.

Trying for page four. Since the coat was staged was the pocket open and empty after he retrieve the SG shells ?

Nawlins

1 minute ago, Clay Thornton said:

Was the coat period correct, because if not then I would think penalty, if it was then he is ok. 

***Assisting in the drive to page 4***

A 5 second bonus for period correct outerwear used as ammunition staging device.

Coat? We don't need no stinkin' coats here in SoFlo!!! However, the heat here has on occasion caused me to remove my vest and shoot in shirtsleeves! Totally unrelated I know...Come on Page 4!

1 hour ago, Crawdaddy said:

Maybe he’s going for a clean match! 

Or maybe he was there to just have some fun...

He obviously was not trying for an advantage over any other shooter. He made the shotgun safe.

This weekend shoot I saw three exception to the rules and stage directions so the shooter could participate in this "Game".

If anyone said "No", or pulled out the rule book, I believe they would be run off the range...

Ya'll ask how to keep and increase membership. I'd recommend you purists consider those that are not there to beat the clock, or you may find yourselves left picking up your own brass.

On to page four!

1 hour ago, Poet Jones 99980 said:

Coat? We don't need no stinkin' coats here in SoFlo!!! However, the heat here has on occasion caused me to remove my vest and shoot in shirtsleeves! Totally unrelated I know...Come on Page 4!

Must be nice!

I have been shooting in the 'Grits from Heaven' at 9 degrees F. Stage rules are 'do the best you can, safely'!

We don't care what they are doing at Winter Range...

Archived