SASS Wire Forum

Not All Patents Are Good Ideas

Subdeacon Joe

Don't pay any attention to them, unless it's to go into a store and tell them to make an announcement that somebody's alarm is going off! :P  Or, when my wife calls down to tell me I set mine off in the garage because the alarm button on my key thingy got pressed by something else in my pocket! :rolleyes:  (Kinda like when the sound actuated repeater tells me the doorbell is ringing upstairs...only it turns out to be the dogs barking because they see a rabbit or a squirrel!)

On 2/3/2019 at 8:18 AM, J-BAR #18287 said:

I put car alarms in the same category.  When was the last time you investigated a car whose alarm was going off?

I do every time. Even if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere.  A few years ago my truck was broken into in a home depot parking lot.  The thieves got nothing because a young kid (20 something) heard the alarm, saw the guy and came up and scared him off.  I carried a pistol in my truck back in those days.  To this day I wished I'd have gotten the kid's name so I could thank him with more than just words.  The officer who responded would not give me his info. 

I recently read where in 1899, the country was in terrible financial straights. Congress was looking for ways to cut expenses. It was suggested to close the patent office as "everything that could possibly be invented had been invented"....!

Archived