SASS Wire Forum

Hello from a new guy!

Tooslow

Thought I would introduce myself. 

I am gathering equipment at the moment to get started in this fascinating game. It's hard not to get excited looking at all the cowboy gear. 

My name is J.R. I live in Lexington Oklahoma. 

The equipment I currently have is a pair of ruger sass new vaqueros in 357, a stoeger coach gun in 12 gauge and a marlin 1894 cowboy limited edition 44mag. 

I have ordered a holster rig to start with and plan on trying my hand at making my own shotgun shell belt.

Look forward to meeting everyone on the trail!

Thanks John Tooslow Roberts 

JR

Don't  miss the upcoming Land Run shoot just outside OKC.No better opportunity  to experience one of the best shoots going,and a chance to meet some of the finest folks around.

Hope to see you there!

Choctaw

18 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

JR

Don't  miss the upcoming Land Run shoot just outside OKC.No better opportunity  to experience one of the best shoots going,and a chance to meet some of the finest folks around.

Hope to see you there!

Choctaw

I have to work that weekend but I will be there the first day! Look forward to meeting a lot of great people there.

And thanks for the warm welcome!

19 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I have to work that weekend but I will be there the first day! Look forward to meeting a lot of great people there.

And thanks for the warm welcome!

Bring money there will be vendors there and folks selling some of theirused items. It's a great event even to just visit. Welcome!

Scout

8 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Bring money there will be vendors there and folks selling some of there used items. It's a great event even to just visit. Welcome!

Scout

That's the plan. sounds like a good time!

18 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

sounds like you've got some good equipment to start with

welcome to the fun and games!

5a6f7612de843_CheyenneRanger-PosseMember.JPG.a172a713ac9eb5d112ebc9f4553f71b4.JPG.8857c0d31e3ecfa5268fa6f8021955e0.JPG

Thanks Cheyenne. Now I need to work on costume and getting my reloading gear set back up.

Some time off to make to make some matches would help as well. Lol

You have lots of good CAS shooting within a few hours drive time, the world championship a days drive and the national championship

two days drive away.  You have lots of fun ahead of you.  Your firearms are quite suitable to begin with.  Once-fired brass is available for your rifle and easily available for your revolvers.  Looking forward to meeting you at a big match.

Welcome J. R.  You might also keep an eye on the classifieds here on the wire. I have picked up some nice gear on there. 

Have a Blast!!!!!!!

image.png.84484a5319d60a67adec2aa4b7276b1f.png

Welcome J.R. to the best game and folks goin. You're gonna have a ball!

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

Also remember there are no clothing police--jeans, boots and long sleeve shirt will pretty much handle it.  

of course a cowboy hat is always a good idea, too. :)

in other news . . . 

along with reloading I got into casting bullets--for me it's fun and it helps with the cost of reloads.

but even if you don't cast, reloading is the only way to go in CAS

cheyenne

35 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Also remember there are no clothing police--jeans, boots and long sleeve shirt will pretty much handle it.  

of course a cowboy hat is always a good idea, too. :)

in other news . . . 

along with reloading I got into casting bullets--for me it's fun and it helps with the cost of reloads.

but even if you don't cast, reloading is the only way to go in CAS

cheyenne

Yeah Cheyenne I cast 45/70 bullets already.  Once I find a bullet I like in the 38s I will buy a mold.

I have a hat, boots, spurs and a vest already. May not all be period correct but can be upgraded as I go. Lol

Thanks J.R.

Welcome aboard !!!

Sounds to me like you already have everything you need, guns, reloading stuff, western clothes, and holsters on the way. Now all you need is to get a little time off and come play.:D

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Hello J.R.

My name is Flat Top Okie and I represent the Oklahoma Territorial Marshals. Our range is at the Oklahoma City Gun Club which is near Arcadia, Oklahoma. We host Land Run which is the Southwest Regional Championship in April and our monthly matches are held on the second Saturday and fourth Sunday every month. WE would love to help you get started. Please call me when you would like to learn more.

Flat Top

A Hearty and Hardy Texas welcome!

On 2/3/2019 at 7:09 AM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Bring money there will be vendors there and folks selling some of theirused items. It's a great event even to just visit. Welcome!

Scout

Great buys on powder primers and bullets. Lots of guns for sale. You might find a goodie.  LandRun also has a garage sale where you can find some really inexpensive items

Archived