SASS Wire Forum

my review of the S & W

Trigger Mike

SO I tried out the S & W 22 mag Airlite revolver.  Smooth.  The double action trigger is not that bad.  I used a For Sale by Owner sign for a target and aimed at the letter "O" in the word For.  Initially my shots were mostly left with the double action trigger but fairly tight with Winchester soft lead hollow point .  once I switched to Hornady Critical Defense bullet holes were touching and once in a while a round would go to the right and I figure that was due to jerking the trigger.  Most guns always shoot low and right consistently for me.  the group were still  hair left .  

I once tried out a Ruger LCR in 9mm.  for comparison sake for those familiar with Ruger, the smith fit my hand better and was more comfortable.  the trigger seemed better and plus the hammer on the Smith helped some too verses the no hammer Ruger.  The fiber optic sight on the Smith is better than the white stripe on the Ruger.  I also once tried a Rock Island snub nosed 38 and the Smith has a better trigger and grip.  All go bang but the Smith is clearly better all around.  I'd say the Rock Island might be fine for putting in the tool box on the tractor just in case due to its cheap price and seemingly sturdy finish, and either a Ruger or Smith on your person, but the Smith is better.  I once carried a Smith 642 AIrweight 38 in my back pocket as a second back up to my NAA 22 mag back when I was an officer and the new 22mag has a smoother trigger than that did, although I wonder if Smith has improved the 38 trigger on the newer models.  

My 9 year old also tried it and the recoil was light even for him, he did struggle with the double action trigger but he does with everything.  

Archived