SASS Wire Forum

1st Match as Gunfighter

Juiceharp Jen

I shot gunfighter today in a match for the first time.  I wasn’t fast and I had zero clean stages, but I did it safely and I enjoyed it.  I want to thank everyone here who encouraged me in this archived thread.  

.I watched videos and practiced dry firing to get coordinated, and I added a home range with metal targets and single action air pistols to help build my confidence.  It was a long time coming, but I think I’ve found my category.  Thanks again.

Howdy Gal,

Glad you enjoyed the gunfighter experience. Been my style of shooting since 2003. It ain't always pretty but oh the joy of being a gunfighter. It's an acquired taste. Happy trails to you.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

2 hours ago, Juiceharp Jen said:

I shot gunfighter today in a match for the first time.  I wasn’t fast and I had zero clean stages, but I did it safely and I enjoyed it.  I want to thank everyone here who encouraged me in this archived thread.  

.I watched videos and practiced dry firing to get coordinated, and I added a home range with metal targets and single action air pistols to help build my confidence.  It was a long time coming, but I think I’ve found my category.  Thanks again.

Well, GOOD ON YOU, new Gunfighter.

If you had a good time, it don't matter clean or fast.

Good job, Jen!

2 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Way to go, Miss Jen!  I'll be joining in the GF ranks soon myself.  Glad you had a successful outing.

Jump on in, Hangtree.

We're waiting for ya.

Waimea

welcome to the GF fire,  I've been a GF since my second year in SASS,, I think that was 2002,,  the biggest help I can give is,,, concentrate on your sights,,,, tha's my biggest weakness,,, well, at least in CAS

Good Job. I remember my first gunfighter match. It was 2 years after I started cas. I began by shooting double duelist knowing GF was my goal. I think I feared the additional mental challenge of keeping track of which target I was shooting at as I alternated guns.

The day I shot GF I also shot Josey Wales with 2 big Walkers. It was such a rush to do. 

Since my club allows JW shooters, I try to do it every match and focus on GF, however, since it is not a actual catagory when I need to shoot DD on a stage I will. 

I just added some cap & ball guns to my set and am looking forward to this season. 

Congratulation to you Jen!  All of us gunfighters took the plunge and pulled both guns together for the first time after the timer went BEEP at some point.  It's a big accomplishment when you finally get there!  If you enjoy it half as much as I do, you are going to have a ton of fun!   

Good  on you . 

I  always  tell  folks  "GF ain't  faster or  more  accurate ,  I do it cause  it's  funner  "

Keep  going ,  it gets  even  funner . 

CS  

Archived