SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range Has Sprung

Rattlesnake Slim

50 weeks ago, as the last shots went downrange, the seeds of Winter Range 2019 were sown.

DSCN2845.thumb.JPG.9758e5c4436662429e7eb41581047736.JPG

The summer rains came and went.

DSCN2846.thumb.JPG.77bae99d8bf37c4a699e8c355fd5c6c5.JPG

Then finally, today, something starts to sprout.

DSCN2847.thumb.JPG.afdf494c421415fc936510030a4560c3.JPG

We'll be waiting for you with open arms,

The Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders

Well all of the stage fronts have been refreshed, new fronts for the main tent, real work on set-up begins on Wednesday February 13th. Ben Avery Shooting Facility will be converted to an old west boom town. Welcome all that are coming to this great SASS event!

Yes Haw!

TB

I will be Dry Camping at the Range. Does anyone know if there Is a place close by where I can fill with Potable water or do I need to bring a full tank of water all the way from North Central California? In the past I have always stayed at the Pioneer RV Park, but they no longer take RVers for less than a month.  I think that the Dry Camp has the advantage of being right there across the street which is nice for someone in a Motor Home. May not need to pull the TOAD behind. 

Snakebite

Snakebite, you can fill up (and dump) at any of the campgrounds in Ben Avery. The closest to our dry camping is behind the horse corrals. Plenty of room to get in and get turned around there. See you soon, thanks for coming.

Thanks Slim.... Can you tell me where the On range Dry camp is. I think that it is just behind the day parking area... but not sure. I remember that there is Vendor dry camping to the west side of the day parking area, but I am not a vendor. 

Snakebite

So Slim, is this like Jack and the Beanstalk? Did you throw tent seeds on the ground and they magically grew?:):P;)

It is to the west of Shooter's parking, separated by a concrete barrier. It is just painted lines, but once the first couple of campers get set up, there's no missing it. We will be out there sunup to sundown starting 2/13. Feel free to come get help if there's anything we can do for you.

Just now, MBFields said:

So Slim, is this like Jack and the Beanstalk? Did you throw tent seeds on the ground and they magically grew?:):P;)

That's where the "lost brass" goes. Try it at home! (MB is a BIG TIME farmer back home)

Seriously, the excitement is growing.The smell of gunpowder and coffee, the sound of clanging and banging, and multiple conversations and laughter filling the air. Friends catching up and new ones being made. Looking forward to seeing Yall sooner than you think.

Putting camp up on Mon. in the primitive site East of the mounted shooting arena. Staying all week. Getting kind of excited, Wahoo!!

Thanks to ALL who put in the work to make Winter Range happen.

8 hours ago, David Richert said:

Looking forward to this I live 30 miles from the range and this will be my first time at winter range have been shooting sass for a year know.

You will have a GREAT time!

9 hours ago, David Richert said:

Looking forward to this I live 30 miles from the range and this will be my first time at winter range have been shooting sass for a year know.

You will kick yourself in the backside for not being there years ago. They set the bar when it comes to CAS now days. 

Snakebite

10 hours ago, David Richert said:

Please stop by the Ranger tent and introduce yourself. We're always looking to meet up with local shooters, and would love to have you as part of our crew next year.

10 hours ago, David Richert said:

Well you had been shooting 9 months longer than me before I went to my first one....I was just 3 months at my club...Then cold turkey then went over there....That was about 11 years ago, only missed 3...And if nothing changes, will be there in two weeks....

Texas Lizard

Don't let them fool you. Even though they still bear your scars from last year; and look harmless hiding in weeds. They are still the bad guys, they're waiting, snickering, delighting in your heartbreaking misses. They are the bad guys, and they escape their confinement one week from today.

This time make 'em pay.

DSCN2849.thumb.JPG.a8cc63639f722aeb694e1ff0429fa3e7.JPG

Hey, Rattlesnake Slim, 

Let us break out that special paint for this year..  The 'cain't miss" paint in the back of the locker.

CP

Archived