SASS Wire Forum

Gun Cart by Yul Lose for sale

Buck Garrett

The award winning Tombstone gun cart by Yul Lose is offered for sale. Built by the master craftsman Yul Lose who’s gun carts are legendary to our sport. The Tombstone is cart #51, and was delivered in January 2016. At Winter Range that year there was not a cart contest, but it did receive a lot of interest. Click on the Quigley site for lots of photos.

https://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=02X700OE020014&po=14&pc=731

It was entered in 2017 and placed 1st.  All the leather, and free hand art work is by Double Diamond. He is truly an artist.

http://ddbleather.com

The cart will hold 5 long guns, and 4 revolvers. If your main match guns won’t work the way the cart is configured then I will see to it that the 5 long guns of your choice will work. It breaks down into 3 components that makes it easy for one person to handle, and transport. The carriage, chest, and cabinet.  The tires have foam inserts, so never a flat tire.  The Tombstone has been well taken care of, and shows very little wear. It has always been garaged, or covered, and never exposed to inclement weather.  All that is in the the photos is included excluding guns, ammo, yeti, hydra flask, and all loose paraphernalia.

Another Yul Lose cart project is in the works, and there isn’t room for 2 in the stable. I have Over $3500 invested, and the price of the Tombstone is significantly reduced.

The cart can be seen at Winter Range swap meet, and during the main match. Contact me for my posse number, or to set up a meeting.

I can deliver the Tombstone cart to EOT, and I will accept monthly payments until time of delivery, or until payment is made in full. If this arrangement is agreed upon the cart will be covered, kept inside, and not used while in my possession.

I hope this helps.

Buck Garrett, SASS #47172L

$2500

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

This Tombstone Cart was the the 5th roll top gun cart that I built. It is constructed out of black walnut with hair on brindle cowhide on the back panel and seats. The chest has a six pack cooler in the top with an empty brass and hull bin and lift out trays that contain match RP ammo and SG shells. Under the trays is a compartment for additional ammo or match essentials and then there is the bottom drawer for more storage.

I’ve added a few additional pictures. If you have any questions about the carts construction please feel free to PM me.

94B58434-EF9C-44A6-B349-EB927ED89F0B.jpeg

74BBD631-9996-4DF1-9D10-F6BCB96FB11B.jpeg

84813C44-068F-4974-9420-13A7B6C6016F.jpeg

CAB3159A-F689-48BA-A1C2-CA47F8337D9F.jpeg

DEA44B85-851D-4222-9E91-12BD8F125878.jpeg

You’ll notice on the side of the cabinet a square patch that is slightly darker than the rest of the cabinet that is where the Winter Range 2017 Best Gun Cart plaque goes. I had a new one made up but haven’t installed it yet.

6B59F6F4-3FFD-41DF-B8B8-C8875CC29EEA.jpeg

If  I had the gold it would set in my den.Love the carts Yul makes.

Yul, i wouldn't be able to push that cart onto the range without my face crackin from grinnin from ear to ear so big.  Love everything about it especially the O.K. corral scene in leather, awesome how their faces look so real to the actual actors.

BTT.

27 minutes ago, Lead Friend, SASS #53635 said:

This is an extraordinary opportunity for one lucky cowboy or cowgirl. I can't imagine what will replace it.

Wait’ll you see it.

I can deliver the Tombstone cart to EOT, and I will accept monthly payments until time of delivery, or until payment is made in full. If this arrangement is agreed upon the cart will be covered, kept inside, and not used while in my possession.

I hope this helps.

I do it alone with little effort. it breaks down into 3 parts. See photos.

When the balance point is reached it pushes easy enough. Once you learn the technique it's not a problem, and I shoot in the cattle baron category. lol.

6 hours ago, King Medallion said:

Very nicely done. Looks like it would take 2 men and a boy to lift it to and from the truck. Unless one has a lift gate, lol.

I load and unload mine by myself at every match by myself. I’ve got a very bad back and it is no problem at all. 

2 hours ago, King Medallion said:

Cool! Just commenting that it looks well made and heavy. No offense meant.

No problem King Medallion, Buck and I and others that use my carts get that regularly, no offense taken. Thanks for the compliments.

Yul,

When I contacted you by IM a few months ago about your wheel spokes, and the process, I was overwhelmed by by the detail and process . This cart, like all your work - awesome. 

9 hours ago, Oklahoma Dee said:

What is the weight of the entire cart - empty of guns/ammo/misc.

I’ve never weighed one but I’ll see if I can get to it today unless Buck beats me to it. None of mine have the drawer in the chest so it won’t quite be the same.

Yul built mine Feb. 2010 # 27  they don't only look good they are very well made, they are worth every penny. I have had 2 back surgeries and I have no problems loading or unloading mine. This is a great deal for this cart and you wont be sorry if you buy it, if taken care of it will last you a life time. V.D.

3 hours ago, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

Yul built mine Feb. 2010 # 27  they don't only look good they are very well made, they are worth every penny. I have had 2 back surgeries and I have no problems loading or unloading mine. This is a great deal for this cart and you wont be sorry if you buy it, if taken care of it will last you a life time. V.D.

How about a picture or two?

5C8A80C3-A85E-4686-8215-4291D104ADD6.jpeg

1322AF35-2615-493B-94F7-D56A7A76EAED.jpeg

18 hours ago, Oklahoma Dee said:

What is the weight of the entire cart - empty of guns/ammo/misc.

Here’s the best I can do without Bucks cart. This cart is solid oak construction so it will be a bit heavier than Bucks walnut cart. The extra weight in Bucks chest brought on by the additional drawer and hardware will probably make up for it.

Chest.              25lbs

Cabinet           16 1/2 lbs

Carriage.         35 lbs

Total                 76 1/2 lbs

I’ve designed the cart so that there is what I call a sweet spot or as Buck says a balance point that allows you to push the cart very easily. Once you push it for a little bit that balance point becomes natural as Von Dutch can attest to. Early on Von was a pretty harsh critic of my carts being to heavy and hard to load and unload from a vehicle and being hard to push but when his brother won one at a big match in 2008, I believe it was and he pushed it around a little and became a believer.

Here’s a couple of pictures of the one that I weighed so that you can see the difference between it and The Tombstone Gun Cart.

F87D08CE-6F90-44E5-BFA4-BBCABAD7FF14.jpeg

AFFFB79B-4D4F-4202-9F46-A064FFFD1ED3.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I bought a pair of collapsable wheelchair ramps to get ours inand out of our van. No sweat(literally).

I told ya that double roll top was a bit heavier.

BTT

Beautiful cart and great craftsmanship, but pricey.

7 hours ago, Lead Friend, SASS #53635 said:

Not pricey for what it is. It’s a steal for what it is.

+1 for this.  Just consider materials, time, labor and the craftsmanship that has went into this cart.

10 hours ago, Deadshot Dan said:

+1 for this.  Just consider materials, time, labor and the craftsmanship that has went into this cart.

+2. I'm not gonna post on here how much I sunk into ours. I'm not into bragging. But it's worth every penny.

Thanks for the positive input Dan, and Tell. Unlike you Tell I did post how much I have invested so that people will see that they will be getting a good deal. Not to brag. 

Buck,

I will take the cart if still available. Please pm me for info on the gold or call me if you prefer 806-206-8872.

Thank You

Jax T

Archived