SASS Wire Forum

Delete

These look really nice.

There's a few models of running irons. Are these the "Short Stroke", or the regular "Blue"? I assume their the short stroke from your description [Oh I see Short Stroke in the title now - sorry I missed that before].

https://www.taylorsfirearms.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Runnin+Irons

Do these have any of the Uberti hammer safety systems?

These have the smaller "Navy" grip and not the bigger "Army" grip, correct? (They look like Navy grips...).

Thanks Gunlow. As far as I know, no hammer safety systems on these and standard grips. (Not Army)

Edit: looks like floating firing pins to me.

6 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Thanks Gunlow. As far as I know, no hammer safety systems on these and standard grips. (Not Army)

Edit: looks like floating firing pins to me.

I suppose that's standard for Uberti now. I saw some discussion about sourcing runnin iron hammers to eliminate the floating fliring pin, but that was probably only valid in the early roll out of the safety features. I was hoping the runnin iron was left without them.

I saw before the edit that you weren't sure - I guess it's good if you can hardly tell they're there. I've never handled a gun that had them.

I'd probably probably get these if hadn't just bought two USFAs (I don't even have them yet).

Thanks Gunlow. I did not realize they had them until I looked again this morning for you. I wanted to be sure to give the correct information. They sure do shoot good!

2 hours ago, El Cubano said:

Any interest in a trade for a pair of NMV in 45? (not bisley)

Thanks for the offer. I just ordered a pair of Bisleys from Jimmy Spurs so selling these to raise cash. I have two other pair of OMV Bisleys also. I realize you said yours were NOT Bisleys. Yours should sell on here pretty well.

13 hours ago, Lottie Deniro said:

These guns really need to come home with me! Just trying to figure out the cash flow to do it!:D

I think they would like that.....

Archived