SASS Wire Forum

Mernickle Holsters

Hopalong Ace

Those of you who have a Mernickle holster I would like to know how satisfied with it you are. I’m looking at a Mernickle holster and belt rig, its a basic holster, not metal lined.  Do they hold up over time, does the holster retain its shape, not collapse. Or is it better to buy one of the rigs that have the metal inserted in the leather like their Gunfighter series or their High performance cowboy action shooting systems.

1 hour ago, Hopalong Ace said:

Those of you who have a Mernickle holster I would like to know how satisfied with it you are. I’m looking at a Mernickle holster and belt rig, its a basic holster, not metal lined.  Do they hold up over time, does the holster retain its shape, not collapse. Or is it better to buy one of the rigs that have the metal inserted in the leather like their Gunfighter series or their High performance cowboy action shooting systems.

Can't speak about the others but I had the B-Western legal HP series. I liked it real well until it was stolen.

Randy

My wife had a set of the metal lined holsters for her Single Six 32s and she liked them very much, so much so that she got another set for her Blackhawks. One thing is for sure, they are nice folks to deal with.

Snakebite

I have two sets of Mernickle holsters and highly recommend them.  Bob discounts them at the matches.  They are a great holster for the money.  I am really enjoying my performance rig.  

I have two Mernickle rigs, one Evil Roy BW, the other the High Performance rig. Both are excellent. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. 

My wife has a steel lined holster rig from Mernickle, fits her pistols great. I run a Kirkpatrick LH09 rig that is lined (my personal favorite). 

Can’t comment from first hand knowledge on how well the non-lined holster hold their shape.  But, I’ve seen others that are happy with them. 

Totes

I have a lined and an unlined set up and I am very happy with both of them. Great people to work with. 

Jax T

Archived