SASS Wire Forum

Question about 'Dreams'

Widder, SASS #59054

In my dreams, the voices of those friends in the dream are always recognizable.   Dead on perfect.

But the visuals change.   Seriously, some old girl friends will sometimes appear with different hair or

maybe weight changes.  Some might get less attractive while other appear more attractive than when

I knew them.

But the voices never change.   Their voices, whether its an old girl friend, church acquaintance or family 

member  (dead or alive) never change.

Wonder why that is?

..........Widder

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say because auditory memory is actually more powerful than visual memory. For me, certain sounds and certain smells can bring back very intense memories, and although I seldom remember my dreams, I believe the same is true there. Visual stimuli, not so much.

The only time something visual has brought back an intense memory for me has been what most would ascribe to deja vu. It would take a long time to explain, and would get the thread off track. Well, more than it already is.

41 minutes ago, DocWard said:

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say because auditory memory is actually more powerful than visual memory. For me, certain sounds and certain smells can bring back very intense memories, and although I seldom remember my dreams, I believe the same is true there. Visual stimuli, not so much.

The only time something visual has brought back an intense memory for me has been what most would ascribe to deja vu. It would take a long time to explain, and would get the thread off track. Well, more than it already is.

I'm with you.  I find trying to remember what someone looked like is very hard but I can still remember their voices perfectly.

Those of you who have touched on the "auditory memory" have probably got it right.  I actually had

no clue as to why my dreams always turned out like that.

Being married and sleeping in the same bed, I'm just glad I don't 'sleep talk'..... :lol:;)

J.BAR:   Actually, most of the conversations are respectful and 'legit'.   None of them

want to kill me..... :D

..........Widder

Widder ,,,, Just face it Yer Getting Old ,,,, Enough for a Trip up Here ta shoot with me ...

Lot's of my friends is OLD Cowboys ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, How did that happen , sure is glad that I ain't Old ....

Jabez Cowboy

21 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Being married and sleeping in the same bed, I'm just glad I don't 'sleep talk'..... :lol:;)

As far as you know...;)

Has your wife been taking up any new hobbies, like chainsaw carving or have any new large robust pieces of cutlery been showing up from Amazon?...

JABEZ,

As always, thanks for the invite.    If I ever go north, I will surely get with you and plan 

a visit.

Of course, the same offer is for you should you ever come south..... way south.   All the way down

to Tennessee.  

Funny how some of our friends grow older....... and we don't..... :lol:

PAT:   funny you should mention that.   She's started taking one of them special cooking classes

at the local Japanese steak house, where you learn how to twirl and 'chop chop chop' with one

of them great big knifes..... :o

..........Widder

Archived