SASS Wire Forum

Somebody didn’t make it through 2nd year English

Marshal,

I believe what they are serving is the unsaturated hydrocarbon radical -CH=CH2, which is derived from ethylene by the removal of a hydrogen atom. :blink:

When served piping hot can be eerily delicious. :o

316927869_GhostlyCoffeesteam.gif.2ce2943b00d2d88fd1ec1208205afc9d.gif

17 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I had a thought that if I went in and pointed out the error, the owner would say something like, “When I had ‘WINE’ nobody came in, but now I get twenty or thirty students come in every day “

Years ago we had a guy around here, Steve "Don't be confused" Miserany, who owned some appliance stores.  He ran some of the worst, silliest, most amatuerish ads you could ever hope to see on tv with him rollerskating around his store.   The kind of ads they make fun of in cheesy movies.   He was invited to talk to a college class (psychology?) one day, and he said people would regularly come into his store to complain about the ads.  When they did he'd end up selling them a dishwasher.

Stupid like a fox.  

Actually, I've heard similar stories about all the memes with misspelled words and bad punctuation.  The responses from people correcting them helps to let them know how many people are actually seeing them.

Angus

There are roads in New Hampshire that are known for their antique stores. A friend called on and asked if he had old tools. Yes. Friend went and looked. Absurd prices. The guy said “if I lowered the price and sold them, I’d have to say no. As it is more than half the people buy something anyway.

An antique shopper went into a local store and immediately fell in love with the small crockery bowl filled with very expensive antique marbles that the owner kept by his cash register.   The shopper tried every trick he could think of before he just asked the dealer to sell him the bowl.  I wouldn't have any thing to hold my marbles if I sold my bowl.  The dickering continued until the dealer finally relented and sold the bowl to a very happy customer.

After the customer was well out of sight the dealer went into the back room to a large crate labeled pet supplies.  He got another rabbit waterer out of the crate, put it beside his cash register and put his marble back in their bowl.

True story.

Used to be a drug store in my hometown, Low Cost Drugs, and the owner was in Lions with my Dad, who was the tail twister.

Dad used to fine Stone almost every week for the errors in his ads, but the funniest was an ad for eight various colored polystyrene bowels, perfect for your kitchen.

I did some work for my company at the Eugene Register Guard in Oregon when they were computerizing.  They had some infamous typos on a bulletin board.  One was from a “proof to customer “ ad (means the  customer had approved all of the ad). This part was for DIAL’s “around the clock protection.” The ad was missing a critical ”l” and had been cited in Playboy.

Archived