SASS Wire Forum

4 "heroic" police officers shot in Houston

Been ubable to get in the computer til now.

I DON'T  know all the facts. That's part of the problem. But I'm leary of taking the medias word for what happened. Also the CoP, Art Ass-avedo(he is scum).

Fact: the police shot first. The dog.  Someone breaks in my place and shoots our dog, I'LL shoot them. Or try.

These guys might have been the scum of the earth. I don't know. But you gotta wonder when a neighbor speaks highly of them.

Mostly here I'm tired of crappy,  slanted reporting. The "heroic" police vs the evil drug dealers.  I don't see anything "heroic" about 15 heavily armed cops breaking down someones door and killing them. No one these days seems to really know the meaning of "heroic". Audie Murphy and Alvin York were heroic. These guys weren't. 

Oh, and I'm tired of the media constantly telling us how the cops are "protecting" us. The police don't protect anyone. They mostly clean up crime scenes. Once in a while they get there while a crime is in progress.  Protection? Don't need it from the Mafia or police. We're on our own out there.

There are far too many instances of police breaking into the wrong houses or overkill even when it's righteous. (Ever hear of Roger Stone?)

My alternate scenario was merely a "what if". Maybe the truth lies between the 2 versions. Only time will tell. But the medias job should be to tell us the truth, not just what the police tell them the story is. 

"the neighbor speaks highly of them"

he was such a quiet, polite, handsome young man....... said by virtually

all of Ted Bundy's neighbors, esp the ladies

as to no-knock warrants, they are harder than heck to get as you must show cause that the perp(s)  have shown a

propensity towards violence, esp against police officers. Think about it, how long does it take to tell POLICE and bust

open a door.....you gotta be one bad hombre that you can't be allowed a seconds notice.  Or maybe they were concerned

he would destroy the drugs, but there's a reason for the no-knock and it wasn't because he was a great neighbor.

as to the dog a whole hell of a lot of bad guys use them for alarm systems and first line of defense. Sorry you're a bad guy

and use your dog for said reasons, puppy goes before me or one of my team gets bit and has their arm or leg shattered and mangled!!

Gotta good friend who's arm has a rod and screws and loss of most of the nerves in said arm thanks to a "family pet"

Since I was a kid a hero wasn't a soldier (I'm from a mil family we've fought in every war since the 1700's), serving in the

military was your duty. the hero's were the guys who run into burning buildings and the guys who strapped on their Sam

Browne's and went out everyday  to protect the families in the communities, not knowing if they would come home to their own families

And YES thanks to Roy and Gene I was raised by the cowboy code. I'm amazed every day how much further our society

slips towards the abyss. I also amazed how much hostility towards :LE's  I see on this forum. If it weren't for the

blue line....there would be no line........ kinda like not needing a border fence?!

Ms Allie I know that and thank you for your response

i also know a cpl old timer LE’s on here

everyone is entitled to their opinion it just

saddens me how far our society has moved off

center

I’m gonna go listen to Toby singing about Gene and Roy and ole marshall Dillon

16 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Dear Dutch,

I think I can assure you that Tell's attitude about LEOs is not shared by everyone here. He definitely doesn't speak for me.

Sincerely,

Allie

Me either-:angry:

Lost count of how many warrants I served back in my po-po dayz.

Never had the wrong address............

To dang much paperwork to let that happen.

Plus-'we' would watch the address before the warrant was served, for just this reason.

OLG

Every Federal search warrant I was ever involved in was extremely detailed and pages long. Every raid was meticulously planned and included a picture of the house with proof of residency We knew everyone that lived there as well as their physical description and if we could expect dogs or god forbid children. Were there known to be guns in the house.There was a complete entry plan with everyone’s duties laid out only the entry team went in and secured the target. Then the search team went in. There was no doubt that it was the police 

Every step of the warrant process and raid plan was approved at upper levels.

Society has turned into mob mentality. You have to be either for or against something with unbridled passion. When a person has a bad encounter with a certain vocation, many times they will have a negative opinion of all those in that particular career for eternity.

All doctors are only interested in how much money they can milk out of you.

All lawyers are sleezballs and ambulance chasers.

All cops are on the take and have predisposed prejudices.

All gun owners are a danger to society.

The premise in this country is, Innocent until proven guilty. Our society will collapse when that tenet of law is forgotten. 

On 2/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Dear Dutch,

I think I can assure you that Tell's attitude about LEOs is not shared by everyone here. He definitely doesn't speak for me.

Sincerely,

Allie

No, you and I don't agree on much of anything, I'm glad to say. Like when you were running the wire and thought it was OK for me to be cheated. You didn't want me telling about it on the wire to warn others. Can't have anyone thinking there's any dishonesty out there. (There IS)

Maybe if you'd had the experiences with LEOs that I've had, you wouldn't think they're all so wonderful. I'd LIKE to believe they're mostly good guys who do the right thing, but my experience says otherwise. Maybe 9 out of 10 are great, honest professionals. But that 1 out of 10 more than makes up for the good guys. They drag the reat down. Guilt by association, maybe. I've seen too much, and too many videos of bad police. They want our respect, it has to be earned. And on a case by case basis.  You can't expect respect just because you wear a badge. You have to deserve it.

16 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

No, you and I don't agree on much of anything, I'm glad to say. Like when you were running the wire and thought it was OK for me to be cheated. You didn't want me telling about it on the wire to warn others. Can't have anyone thinking there's any dishonesty out there. (There IS)

Maybe if you'd had the experiences with LEOs that I've had, you wouldn't think they're all so wonderful. I'd LIKE to believe they're mostly good guys who do the right thing, but my experience says otherwise. Maybe 9 out of 10 are great, honest professionals. But that 1 out of 10 more than makes up for the good guys. They drag the reat down. Guilt by association, maybe. I've seen too much, and too many videos of bad police. They want our respect, it has to be earned. And on a case by case basis.  You can't expect respect just because you wear a badge. You have to deserve it.

This was a Forum Guideline then and still is.

"The SASS forums shall not be used as for any of the following:...

To challenge vendors or to argue cases or conflicts."

So, please, leave me out of your rant as I did not make the Guideline (rule) you just admitted breaking.

On 2/1/2019 at 5:16 PM, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Society has turned into mob mentality. You have to be either for or against something with unbridled passion. When a person has a bad encounter with a certain vocation, many times they will have a negative opinion of all those in that particular career for eternity.

All doctors are only interested in how much money they can milk out of you.

All lawyers are sleezballs and ambulance chasers.

All cops are on the take and have predisposed prejudices.

All gun owners are a danger to society.

The premise in this country is, Innocent until proven guilty. Our society will collapse when that tenet of law is forgotten. 

It seems to be headed that way by the stuff I read on the internet , Keystone. Especially if the accusee is of a conservative nature. The hyenas pile on , facts be damned.

I'm glad that I am old , but I fear for my grand and great grand children. Seems like the liberals want to turn this country into a third-world crap-hole , or trigger a civil war.

Rex :ph34r:

off-track rant over. :D:FlagAm:

A note to all Forum Users:

"...There IS a difference between a debate and an argument. Arguments are disrespectful and will not be tolerated.  Treating each other with respect is paramount."

Please keep your discourse civil and refrain from personal attacks.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:00 PM, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

A note to all Forum Users:

"...There IS a difference between a debate and an argument. Arguments are disrespectful and will not be tolerated.  Treating each other with respect is paramount."

Please keep your discourse civil and refrain from personal attacks.

Amen. I'm tired of being attacked because I don't like the fact we're rapidly becoming a police state.

I have NO problem with HONEST cops who honor their oath to uphold the Constitution. Thugs with badges, yeah, I got a problem with.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:48 PM, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

No, you and I don't agree on much of anything, I'm glad to say. Like when you were running the wire and thought it was OK for me to be cheated. You didn't want me telling about it on the wire to warn others. Can't have anyone thinking there's any dishonesty out there. 

OH:huh:-You mean like your SA remarks to Allie? :rolleyes:

Carry on,

OLG

Archived