SASS Wire Forum

WTB Galco Holster

Ozark Okie

I'm looking for a holster to match the one in the picture. Need a strong left side or crossdraw that would fit a 4 5/8 Vaquero or similar.   

This model is the Texas Ranger, I think the 1880 style is similar. Galco seems to still be in business, but doesn't seem to make these anymore...hoping someone might have one lying round unused.    Getting my stuff together so I can start shooting. Thanks.

Galco Holster.jpg

Guest Hollywood Dave

Maybe not.

It says discontinued. But Tr-151 would be left hand. 

Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Right Hand - Ruger .357 Vaquero 7.5in - W-TR154, MPN: W-TR154, UPC: 601299151093, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR154

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Left Hand - Ruger .357 Vaquero 5.5in W-TR153, MPN: W-TR153, UPC: 601299151086, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR153

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Left Hand - Colt Single Action Army 4.75in W-TR109, MPN: W-TR109, UPC: 601299151024, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR109

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Right Hand - W-TR110, MPN: W-TR110, UPC: 601299151031, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR110

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Left Hand - Colt Single Action Army 5.5in W-TR111, MPN: W-TR111, UPC: 601299151048, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR111

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Right Hand - W-TR150, MPN: W-TR150, UPC: 601299151055, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR150

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Left Hand - Ruger Vaquero 4.625in W-TR151, MPN: W-TR151, UPC: 601299151062, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR151

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Left Hand - Ruger Vaquero 7.5in W-TR155, MPN: W-TR155, UPC: 601299151109, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR155

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Right Hand - W-TR108, MPN: W-TR108, UPC: 601299151017, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR108

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Left Hand - S&W N-Frame 6in BBL W-TR129, MPN: W-TR129, UPC: 601299151505, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR129

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Right Hand - W-TR152, MPN: W-TR152, UPC: 601299151079, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR152

Galco Texas Ranger Strongside Holster, Tan, Right Hand - S&W N-Frame 6in BBL W-TR128, MPN: W-TR128, UPC: 601299151499, Code: GC-HT-FAEACE-W-TR128

Guest Hollywood Dave

I bought a set of different numbers for my wife. What a time I had wit all the numbers for left right 4.62 and 5.5. 

Thanks Hollywood and Willi. I will call Galco and see if they might be able to give me any leads. And I'll start watching ebay, gun shows, etc. 

Thank you Rufus for keeping me in mind. Hope your remodeling goes well. 

BTW, since you are getting out and I'm just getting in, I'd be interested if there are other items you might find that you no longer need. 

Thanks again. 

Here's a stock photo of my EPS. I have strong side left and strong side right. For what it is worth, I prefer using the EPS money belt (soft buckskin.  Like it so much, that is my hunting rig.) Holsters are for 5.5" Single Actions.

I'll keep looking this weekend=we're pretty much snowed in and will be for another week it looks like.  We started cleaning the "junk-room"/office.

elpasosaddlery_44_ourfit.jpg

Rufus, thanks for continuing to look. The EPS looks like a nice rig, interesting that you prefer the money belt - as their catalog says "... allows you to conceal important papers and coins". If I cant find a left side Galco, would like to talk about the EPS. BTW, I haven't asked about the size; think I'm going to need 36/38 to 42/44.  Hope you aren't hit too hard with the snow storm.  I like your part of the country; have done some trout and steelhead fishing  in that part of the country.

Double Barrel, thanks. The 1880 is close to the Texas Ranger I have, and I'd use one if I could find it for left side.  Hmm, just thinking... wonder if I might be able to turn your right side into a cross draw. I like to dabble with projects like that, also have a friend who is pretty good with leather work. If you're interested in selling the 1880, how much would you want for it. You can either send me a pm or answer here. Thanks again. 

19 hours ago, Ozark Okie said:

Rufus, thanks for continuing to look. The EPS looks like a nice rig, interesting that you prefer the money belt - as their catalog says "... allows you to conceal important papers and coins". If I cant find a left side Galco, would like to talk about the EPS. BTW, I haven't asked about the size; think I'm going to need 36/38 to 42/44.  Hope you aren't hit too hard with the snow storm.  I like your part of the country; have done some trout and steelhead fishing  in that part of the country.

My belt is way too large for you, loops are 45.  Like to keep it==like I said, they are REALLY comfy.  My feelings aren't hurt if you go with the Galco=I used a Galco "Desperado" rig when I started out.  I would like to keep the right hand for replacing the one on my hunting rig.  I've de-constructed some EPS rigs (re-dying, lacing with sinew, adding conchos==time consuming but not hard!)

Snow left us with 10-12 inches over 2 days.  The big issue is the "flatlanders" who just moved here or are visiting.  Retiring in July and looking forward to some good fly fishing!

BTW: I'll look at my other SASS stuff=know I have some knives.

Hi Rufus, I'm having computer problems, using my phone to respond. Do I understand correctly that you want you keep the EPS belt and strong right holster. Does that mean you might be interested in parting with the strong left. Also appreciate you looking for other items. 

Congratulations on your coming retirement...guess you will be tying flies instead of reloading. I'm moving the other direction rightnow...blame it on a neighbor who is a cowboy shooter.....and that there aren't any cold water fish here in New Orleans. 

Double Barrel, thanks but I'm going to pass on your offer. Seems a shame to cut up or somehow try to alter a new holster. I believe I can get a factory 1880 crossdraw if I decide to go that way. Thanks again.

15 hours ago, Ozark Okie said:

Hi Rufus, I'm having computer problems, using my phone to respond. Do I understand correctly that you want you keep the EPS belt and strong right holster. Does that mean you might be interested in parting with the strong left. Also appreciate you looking for other items. 

Congratulations on your coming retirement...guess you will be tying flies instead of reloading. I'm moving the other direction rightnow...blame it on a neighbor who is a cowboy shooter.....and that there aren't any cold water fish here in New Orleans. 

PM sent

Archived