SASS Wire Forum

45Colt to 45CbySpcl and shooting BP

Tucker McNeely

I have.  I have modified 4 Henry Rifles, 3 '73s and 2 '66s to run C45S and other short cases.  There isn't a whole lot of difference in the amount of Blow-By.  The amount of blow-by is governed by chamber size.  If you have an oversize chamber (Uberti chambers are oversize) you will have blow-by.

PLUS ONE to Prairie Dawg.  I now anneal ALL my 45 cartridges to eliminate blow-by.

Tucker,

Sorry.  I forget the last part of your question.  Since the C45S case is shorter and lighter than the 45 Colt case, you may notice the action runs a little quicker and lighter.  Or you may not.  There isn't an awful lot of difference in weight, the case does clear chamber drag more quickly, but you'd need to be really sensitive to "feel" the difference.

I have a Uberti Henry Trapper that was modified to shoot the cowboy special.  Works great.  The CS is close to the original .44 rimfire in function and ballistics.

The original Henry had a much shorter frame.  Check out the original that Eastwood uses in the Dollars movies.

Archived