SASS Wire Forum

James Ingram RIP

Rye Miles #13621

I miss the days when popular music was actually music. I don't even bother to turn the radio on anymore and just continue to play the same stuff on my hard drive that dates back to the 1970s and 80s. James Ingram was a classic example of someone who actually knew how to write and sing songs, both of which are lost arts today.

20 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

It's shame that Parkinson's has robbed Linda of her ability to sing. She had such a dynamic voice:(:blush:

Four-Eyed Buck,

First heard Linda when she was with the Stone Poney's:

Even when she teamed up with Aaron Neville:

59 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I miss the days when popular music was actually music. I don't even bother to turn the radio on anymore and just continue to play the same stuff on my hard drive that dates back to the 1970s and 80s. James Ingram was a classic example of someone who actually knew how to write and sing songs, both of which are lost arts today.

My dad said the same thing. He was a Glenn Miller and Tommy Dorsey fan.  ;)

Music is in the ear of the beholder and we ted to enjoy the music of our formative years,

i agree, UB. I'm also a Big Band Era buff. got that from my Mom, she was a big Harry James fan. probably why I ended up playing trumpet. like broadway stuff,too.

Rap and a lot of today's music(?) doesn't appeal to me at all. Give me some good harmonies and lyrics I can understand anytime:rolleyes::blush:

Archived