SASS Wire Forum

Century Arms 12 g lever action shotgun

klw

I knew that these guns had problems but I bought a new one anyway.  Problem is that it took about six minutes to fill the magazine and much much longer to unload it.  I expected that shell might hang up upon ejection but I did think that the gun would at least be marginally functional.  As a single shot, maybe.  As a magazine fed shotgun, not as I got it new.

So who can work on one of these and get it to work?

6 minutes ago, klw said:

I knew that these guns had problems but I bought a new one anyway.  Problem is that it took about six minutes to fill the magazine and much much longer to unload it.  I expected that shell might hang up upon ejection but I did think that the gun would at least be marginally functional.  As a single shot, maybe.  As a magazine fed shotgun, not as I got it new.

So who can work on one of these and get it to work?

Call Lassiter 1 937-687-1039 he's pretty much your only hope.

Alternatively sell it and buy an already tuned IAC and/or Chiappa.

Lassiter tuned my Chinese turd .

And now she runs as good as any.

Rooster. 

Just now, Deadshot Dan said:

+1 on Lassiter, he's the 87 man.  Well, and just about anything else that go's boom.  Been really happy with the work he's done on my gun's.

I'm trying to figure out why I keep giving out his number; I should withhold that info until he's finished with my Chiappa :lol:

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I'm trying to figure out why I keep giving out his number; I should withhold that info until he's finished with my Chiappa :lol:

Because no good deed goes unpunished.

Does he have an FFL?

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I hear ya Tyrel, the man is alway,s busy for sure.

How?

An individual may send a firearm to a gun smith for repair and receive it back without either having a FFL.

8 hours ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

How?

An individual may send a firearm to a gun smith for repair and receive it back without either having a FFL.

This is incorrect. Gunsmith's need at least a type 01 FFL.

Any time you send a gun across a state line you better be sure you are sending it to an FFL holder. Without receiving a copy from the gunsmith, prior to shipping,  how will you know they are licensed.

I live in WV as does Cody, so no problem there.

The last time I bought a rifle from him, he did not have a FFL.  I had to drive to a pawn shop with his wife to complete the transfer.

15 hours ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

How?

Wrong:excl:

You had better read up on BATFE regs.

I say such, as a former FFL.

OLG

5 hours ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

Any time you send a gun across a state line you better be sure you are sending it to an FFL holder. Without receiving a copy from the gunsmith, prior to shipping,  how will you know they are licensed.

AFAIK-BATFE had a data base to show this. Do they still?

Carriers like UPS, Fed-X and the USPS have a data base that shows such.

OLG

5 hours ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

I live in WV as does Cody, so no problem there.

The last time I bought a rifle from him, he did not have a FFL.  I had to drive to a pawn shop with his wife to complete the transfer.

The pawn shop had a FFL.

OLG

Archived