SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Looking for a "Holster" for my ROA, FOUND ONE, THANKS!

I'm looking for a used right hand strong side OR crossdraw holster for my Ruger Old Army with a 7.5" barrel and adjustable sights.  This won't be for CAS, but to carry my ROA in the field.  I've got lots of holsters, but none for a long barreled single action.  Let me know what you have.  Need not be fancy, but functional.  Here is the ROA that will go in it.  Thanks for reading this.

Buckeye Pete

IMG_0521.jpg

1 minute ago, Wasatch Lawman said:

I have a couple. I would let this one go for $25 shipped. Nothing fancy, it came with a 7.5" ROA I purchased. I also have a nice flap holster, I would have to have $75 shipped for it.

20190129_111325.jpg

Wasatch, thanks for the reply.  Is the flap holster one of holsters that Bianchi made for Ruger for the Old Army?

Buckeye Pete

1 hour ago, Wasatch Lawman said:

The flap holster is a safari land, but I just pulled it out of the safe and it is a left hand draw, sorry for the mistake.

Thanks for looking Wasatch.  I'll see what else surfaces.

Buckeye Pete

Chilli Pepper Pete,

I'm kind of liking that Slim Jim holster.  Could you take a pic with the ROA laying next to it.  I'm just curious of where the end of the barrel is.  The flap holster appears to be a butt forward carry for the right hand,  I've never been fond of those.  Thank you very much for the pics.

Buckeye Pete

Buckeye,

My ROAs fit in my Ruger Blackhawk holsters perfectly.  I'm a holster maker and I was going to make myself a set just for my 5 1/2" ROAs and before I did, I tried them in my Blackhawk holsters.  

You might find some holsters locally that were made for a Blackhawk that will work with your ROA.  Most gun shops in our area will let you see if a gun fits before you purchase the holster.  

1 hour ago, Chili Pepper Pete 11917 said:

Pete

You can see from the pics that the muzzle is about 1/4” from the toe of the holster.  Hope this helps

Best regards

chili

767EA92B-36C8-4B8A-B738-D3762BD86710.jpeg

1A0D1B27-284C-4FD7-A231-832A1A17EA68.jpeg

97B1B4E7-229F-49DC-A832-67A88026D402.jpeg

Chili Pepper Pete,

That looks like a winner!  Send me a PM with your address and I'll get the funds on the way.

Buckeye Pete

Archived