New Three Day Match

Lankyframe #44046

Attention Pards looking for fun

Let me tell you about a new match

called Shoot Out at Elk Run

It's put on by the Turkey Foot Cowboys

So load up your ammo

And bring along your toys

We've got a wagon load of new bigger targets for your shooting pleasure. Got some new side matches too.

There's limited primitive camping and home cooked meals.

Check out our web site turkeyfoot.org for more details

We'll be using a dueling tree and texas star for some of the side matches. The Iowa Challenge is a special side match. Shot like a stage but a little bit more complicated, hence the name. A minimum of 10-10-8 rds. maybe some reloads. $5 gets you two runs through it. We'll take your best time. It will also get your name thrown in the hat for the drawing for the reloading supplies.

I wasn't able to shoot this match last year due to my stroke, but I can vouch for the fact that they put on a fun little annual. Well worth the trip. I have shot the match several times and always left grinning

These guys put on a great match. I won the Iowa challenge one year, it was called low on ammo and my partner had ran out of ammo and I had to throw him a reload from about 25 ft away and he had to load it and hit the last target to stop the clock.  I think it was 21 pistol, twenty rifle and 12 shotgun. We shot it clean and he caught the reload which was how we won. The thing is I met him at that match and had loaned him my pocket pistol and ammo and he won the side match for pocket pistol and I came in second. Funny thing is that was the only match I ever saw him at and have not seen him since.  It was a great weekend.

iowachallengewinners.jpg

6 minutes ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

These guys put on a great match. I won the Iowa challenge one year, it was called low on ammo and my partner had ran out of ammo and I had to throw him a reload from about 25 ft away and he had to load it and hit the last target to stop the clock.  I think it was 21 pistol, twenty rifle and 12 shotgun. We shot it clean and he caught the reload which was how we won. The thing is I met him at that match and had loaned him my pocket pistol and ammo and he won the side match for pocket pistol and I came in second. Funny thing is that was the only match I ever saw him at and have not seen him since.  It was a great weekend.

iowachallengewinners.jpg

That looks like the range that used to be at Ackley? I sure miss that range. 

Lanky old pard I'm sure gonna half to put this one on the calendar. Rumor has it that NTR has dropped their 3 day shoot in August over in Western Iowa. Ol' Habanero Kid is already after me for a reunion of the Pepper Brothers!!!

this is my home area , i may be down to visit yall soon , 

FYI all this was the no 1 post , gotta cut a little slack , but i agree it would help the promotion of a shoot to include where it is so those of us thinking of driving 300 miles can plan a bit ahead , im going to check my calendar , 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i just tried to sign up and cannot find the form , is it on a different site , please link it if you can , 

https://www.turkeyfoot.org/ambush-information scroll down to "Shoot out at Elk Run Application & Waiver"

Archived