SASS Wire Forum

Interarms Rossi 92

Duster Tom

How were the Interarms Rossi 92’s? I wasn’t looking, but have someone offering me a 20” Carbine in .45 LC with low mileage for $450. Supposed to be a 90’s gun. SN: AM022XXX

For a .44-40, probably, but new ones in .45 can be had for that, or even less. There's one on GB (Puma branded), new in box, for $425, BUT the seller wants a whopping $75 shipping. :blink: There's also a .44-40 for $475 in another listing.

There are no new ones, hasn't been for about 2 years now. I have 2 interarms guns in 45 Colt and one 2016 also 45 Colt. Other than the safety on the new gun, they are identical. The older interarms guns do have better wood imho...

I'd contact Nate Kiowa Jones and ask him what he thinks. While no longer the darling of cowboy shooters it was a favorite for a long time. If it'll hold ten I'd consider it. I sold one to a pard in a moment of weakness between wives years ago and have regretted it ever since and he likes it so much he won't sell it back. It ain't state of the art but what the heck, this is the old west we're playin' at, dangit.

I have an older one (AMO52XX) in .45 that still serves well after many thousands of rounds, and is still my favorite match rifle.  There are faster long guns, but it's fast enough for me and more accurate than it has a right to be.  And it does hold ten.

Feed it and clean it once in a while and it's happy and I'm happy.  :)

I have an Interarms Model 92 marked Model 65 SRC. After a little polishing here and there, a stainless magazine spring and StevesGunz spring kit (except the trigger spring, my gun hated that) she runs like a racer. I would only want a pre-safety gun... hate the safety! Been running mine for over 15 years; great rifle!

Since my Navy Arms M1860 Henry got a bit muzzle heavy for my old back, I have used a Rossi M64 SRC in .44 Mangle-em, and a Rossi Cougar (Old Model, not the more recent "Cougar") in .44-40.  They needed a bit of smoothing up, and cutting a turn-and-a-half of the ejector coil spring cut off and compressed slightly in a bench vise, but run great! I'm not a .45 man, so I don't know how the .45 runs, either in feeding or gas seal in the Rossi's (or any other rifle, for that mater). Others will comment on the efficacy of using .45 LC in any rifle, especially with black powder.

From Davidsons only the SS 357M Rossi M92 isn't "out of stock".  I personally like the looks of SS guns; but blued guns are easier to acquire the correct sight picture in bright light.  My SS guns are Ruger Vaqueros that I paint the rear sight notch & front sight blade black; so, I pick-up them with my old eyes.  With light CASS loads 45C's are dirty even with a firm roll crimp.

1 hour ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I just did a GB search and found over 60 Rossi 1892's for sale, a lot of them listed as "Factory New".

weird, I did the same search for "rossi 92" and came up with 40 hits, 16 of which aren't even guns, just parts and manuals... 9 listed as NIB, two of which are  454 casull which haven't been made in many many moons... im betting the other 7 are  just new old stock...

when I bought mine in 2016 there was over a hundred 20" saddle ring carbines in 45colt with scope mounts and that ugly black rubber cheek rest... just like mine, mine was cheapest at $475 plus shipping...

gb rossi.jpg

New ones are coming in regularly now at Davidson's.

I don't believe they are making all the different calibers at this time, but in time I expect to see them.

Johnny Meadows

9 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

I have an Interarms Model 92 marked Model 65 SRC. After a little polishing here and there, a stainless magazine spring and StevesGunz spring kit (except the trigger spring, my gun hated that) she runs like a racer. I would only want a pre-safety gun... hate the safety! Been running mine for over 15 years; great rifle!

Wasn't mine. i don't sell a trigger spring.

The New guns are selling out of the distributors fast. I just manages to get a few more stainless 20" round barrel in 357 and 44mag.

I call about 30 minutes later and they were all gone.

31 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

weird, I did the same search for "rossi 92" and came up with 40 hits, 16 of which aren't even guns, just parts and manuals... 9 listed as NIB, two of which are  454 casull which haven't been made in many many moons... im betting the other 7 are  just new old stock...

when I bought mine in 2016 there was over a hundred 20" saddle ring carbines in 45colt with scope mounts and that ugly black rubber cheek rest... just like mine, mine was cheapest at $475 plus shipping.

"rossi 92" won't bring up "Rossi 1892" or "Rossi R92" or "Rossi M92" or "Rossi M1892" or the sellers that list them as Winchester, Interarms, Puma, Taurus, Braztech, Navy Arms, Dixie, EMF,  Hartford, etc., and 1892/M92/M1892, etc. There's just no way to string together enough Boolean logic operators to get them all to come up with one single search. I would expect to turn up at least a couple hundred if I spent half an hour plugging in all the search variables. You'll also come up with the occasional seller who fat fingered it or had a brain fart and listed it as a Rossy or some other alternate spelling.

EMF is advertising them also.  I haven't called to see if they're in stock.  But, for those who are interested... 

2 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

"rossi 92" won't bring up "Rossi 1892" or "Rossi R92" or "Rossi M92" or "Rossi M1892" or the sellers that list them as Winchester, Interarms, Puma, Taurus, Braztech, Navy Arms, Dixie, EMF,  Hartford, etc., and 1892/M92/M1892, etc. There's just no way to string together enough Boolean logic operators to get them all to come up with one single search. I would expect to turn up at least a couple hundred if I spent half an hour plugging in all the search variables. You'll also come up with the occasional seller who fat fingered it or had a brain fart and listed it as a Rossy or some other alternate spelling.

we need an "ohhhh" button lol

4 hours ago, Nate Kiowa Jones #6765 said:

Wasn't mine. i don't sell a trigger spring.

The New guns are selling out of the distributors fast. I just manages to get a few more stainless 20" round barrel in 357 and 44mag.

I call about 30 minutes later and they were all gone.

My mistake sir. Thought I got all my 92 stuff from you. Musta been a Wolff kit or somethin. Anyway, I was getting slam-fires with the wire spring. May be a little heavier with the flat spring but it works fine for CAS. Thanks for your assistance along the way. My 92 runs great!

Archived