SASS Wire Forum

A View of Western’s Impact on Masculinity

Captain Bill Burt

I think the whole blow up about the Gillette commercial is much ado about nothing. Having said that, the remainder of the article is spot on in my opinion!

I actually heard a woman use the term “toxic masculinity” at work. She was talking about a man that had just walked away from her and her friend. I asked her if she realized her statement was offensive and created a hostile work environment. That shut her up.

I don’t buy razors (I use a Braun electric shaver) but if I did Gillette would not be getting my business.

I also agree with the article. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I actually heard a woman use the term “toxic masculinity” at work. She was talking about a man that had just walked away from her and her friend. I asked her if she realized her statement was offensive and created a hostile work environment. That shut her up.

…………. could this have possibly been an example of "toxic feminism"  ?

:huh:

32 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

…………. could this have possibly been an example of "toxic feminism"  ?

:huh:

Actually,that would be "toxic femininity"!!

I got to use the "toxic femininity" line today while in a checkout line.  First, I live in what is now considered Berkley hardcore east - Austin, Texas, I was standing in front of a couple of University of Texas co-eds, who were remarking on my purchase of a box of 9mm ammo and some targets. I was being targeted by them for" being an old white man stuck in the past" You should have seen their faces when I let them have it. I guess the coolege education system does not teach how to use irony, innuendo  in sentences.

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Actually,that would be "toxic femininity"!!

I dunno ..…. "toxic femininity" seems to be more personal:

whereas "toxic feminism" seems more "all men are bar$tards"

……………..…………………………… am I wrong? :huh:

10 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I dunno ..…. "toxic femininity" seems to be more personal:

whereas "toxic feminism" seems more "all men are bar$tards"

……………..…………………………… am I wrong? :huh:

Masculinity = Femininity?

Masculinism = Feminism?

Supposedly, "toxic masculinity" IS a personal thing!!

My own opinion is that masculinity is a GOOD thing!!  There is NOTHING toxic about it!!

Gillette can kiss my Braun!! Once these companies start kowtowing to liberal bullcrap, I'm done with them!!:angry:

I've got a Gillette Mach 3 and I'm thinking about just tossing it!!

12 hours ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

I got to use the "toxic femininity" line today while in a checkout line.  First, I live in what is now considered Berkley hardcore east - Austin, Texas, I was standing in front of a couple of University of Texas co-eds, who were remarking on my purchase of a box of 9mm ammo and some targets. I was being targeted by them for" being an old white man stuck in the past" You should have seen their faces when I let them have it. I guess the coolege education system does not teach how to use irony, innuendo  in sentences.

I’d like to know what you said to them if you can post it.  Might have to use it myself someday!

2 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I’d like to know what you said to them if you can post it.  Might have to use it myself someday!

I'd have looked at them and said, "Lo siento mucho pero no hablo Ingles," and then walked off. 

;)

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Gillette can kiss my Braun!! Once these companies start kowtowing to liberal bullcrap, I'm done with them!!:angry:

I've got a Gillette Mach 3 and I'm thinking about just tossing it!!

Why not package it up and send it back to gillette with a note demanding your money back ?

;)

21 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Why not package it up and send it back to gillette with a note demanding your money back ?

;)

Great idea!

Of course I could also donate it to a homeless shelter, I think it would be appreciated!

14 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Great idea!

Of course I could also donate it to a homeless shelter, I think it would be appreciated!

……… are you sure ?

they might not like the "toxic masculinity" thing either …..

18 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

Homeless do not need sharp objects.

Good point!

I guess I’m growing tired of these practitioners of PC-edness categorizing/labeling everyone to satisfy some need to elevate themselves above all who are different than they are. These folks really need to get over themselves, pull up their big boy/girl britches and go do something productive with their lives. Enough is enough man!

There. I feel so much better now....:D

Well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I guess I must be one of those Toxic Males ,,,,,

I'm just Glad my wife, Daughters and Daughter in Laws ,,,, don't Know that ...

I just treat them like the special Ladies they Are ...

Jabez Cowboy

I guess I am really an old man who is stuck in the past.  I wear a Stetson every day, and when I pass a lady on the street I touch the brim with my fingers, and, horror of horrors, I'll even hold the door for them!  Must really...ah, "irrigate" them! :o I don't know if it was really true, but at least in the Old West, any man who would bother a woman could get summarily strung up!  Of course, nowadays, for a male to even nod or smile at a woman could get him accused of "sexual harassment"! :o:wacko:

In the past two weeks I have held doors for at least 6 Ladies and every one of them has smiled and thanked me. Location? Huntington Beach and Los Angeles CA. ;)

18 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

Looks like she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. 

Oh wait, is that Val Kilmer after a hard night?

More like, "She was run over by the halftrack that they haul the ugly stick around in!!  

Then they backed up twice and ran over her again!!!"  :o :lol: :lol:

On 1/28/2019 at 9:51 AM, J-BAR #18287 said:

I wish I could remember it verbatim, but something to the effect that - Yes I am old.  That means I have managed to survive many events, seen changes in the world and aware that education should enlighten, not retard knowledge.  The sad fact is that college students such as yourself, are not being taught to seek out facts, evaluate and separate myth from truth.  Sadly such is the move towards women, such as yourself, leading the way into furthering toxic femininity, where the concept that women should be masculine and behave in aggressive threatening manner while berating their elders for being aggressive masculine people.  When was the last time you questioned one of your professors?     At that point I picked up my purchase and walked out.

4 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

I wish I could remember it verbatim, but something to the effect that - Yes I am old.  That means I have managed to survive many events, seen changes in the world and aware that education should enlighten, not retard knowledge.  The sad fact is that college students such as yourself, are not being taught to seek out facts, evaluate and separate myth from truth.  Sadly such is the move towards women, such as yourself, leading the way into furthering toxic femininity, where the concept that women should be masculine and behave in aggressive threatening manner while berating their elders for being aggressive masculine people.  When was the last time you questioned one of your professors?     At that point I picked up my purchase and walked out.

Well done!

Archived