SASS Wire Forum

EAA bounty hunter

diablo slim

The EAA Bounty Hunter is made by Weihrauch in Germany.  It is a fine gun that takes up where the Hawes Western Marshal built by JP Sauer and Sohn left off, (except the Western Marshal was a larger framed gun).  It has a transfer bar, so you can use it in situations other than SASS where you might wish to load 6.   Like the Ruger, if you ever wish to delete the T-Bar, it can be done.  The weight of the Bounty Hunter is comparable to the Uberti Cattleman... 2.4 vs 2.3  

It's a fine choice.

had a pair of them. One in .45 with a 7 1/2" barrel, and one in .38/.357 with a 4 1/2" barrel. lightened springs on both and removed the the t-bars and built up the hammer faces. they were reliable and pretty accurate. even went through a CCW course with the .38. Only draw back is the recesses for case heads. Loading bench control can't see the case heads to ascertain hammer is on the empty chamber:blush:

4 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

had a pair of them. One in .45 with a 7 1/2" barrel, and one in .38/.357 with a 4 1/2" barrel. lightened springs on both and removed the the t-bars and built up the hammer faces. they were reliable and pretty accurate. even went through a CCW course with the .38. Only draw back is the recesses for case heads. Loading bench control can't see the case heads to ascertain hammer is on the empty chamber:blush:

Had that issue with a Ruger 45 convertable. Took it to a smith and had the raised portion taken off with a lathe, reblued myself and all was good. Made loading table operator and me happier.

I had the bounty hunter in 44 Mag, the shorter barrel version with nickel finish, when I first started CAS. Nice gun, gave it to my wife when she started, she didn't care for the half-cock to loading thing and wanted Rugers, and she didn't like the recessed cylinders at the loading table issue either, so I got her Rugers and she has been happy ever since. Good shooter though, just wasn't for her.

BD

7 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Only draw back is the recesses for case heads. Loading bench control can't see the case heads to ascertain hammer is on the empty chamber

If you watch the video I posted, at the 6.43 mark you will see that the cylinder is stamped ".45" on one side of a chamber and "HWM " on the other side of the chamber. If you leave that chamber empty and show it to the LTO, you can rotate the cylinder till you can read the stampings on each side of the top strap, then you know the empty chamber is under the hammer.

Archived