SASS Wire Forum

We've Had It Wrong!

Subdeacon Joe

@Subdeacon Joe,

The image was originally posted by: 30882040_JimCannon22lrmarksman.JPG.eccf1c216ef4be137b29a457f85f93a7.JPG

The page being presented came out of an issue of Stalking Sporting Guns.

The image appears on a meme website.

That's about all the information I could research at this time.

11 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

@Subdeacon Joe,

The image was originally posted by: 30882040_JimCannon22lrmarksman.JPG.eccf1c216ef4be137b29a457f85f93a7.JPG

The page being presented came out of an issue of Stalking Sporting Guns.

The image appears on a meme website.

That's about all the information I could research at this time.

Thank you,.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I have no idea what this is out of.   One of my FB friends found it.

No photo description available.

Obvious done by some media type.  CNN perhaps...?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, grenadier said:

I just received a 24 ban for violating community standards for asking if anyone had a Civil War cartridge box for sale!!!

Uh... now, who banned you from what...?  confused.gif

5 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Obvious done by some media type.  CNN perhaps...?  :rolleyes:

Uh... now, who banned you from what...?  confused.gif

I'm guessing that since I had mentioned finding the image on Facebook that FB told him to go stand in the corner.

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm guessing that since I had mentioned finding the image on Facebook that FB told him to go stand in the corner.

Not much of a "Facebooker..."  Didn't know they could/ would do that.  :huh:

Notice how it talks about the primer being at the centre of the case head, meaning it probably came out of a British publication. I found several books on guns at Half-Price books that were made and printed in England, and they all had extremely laughable errors in them. Most of the pictures of guns were also just drawings, which I found quite sad. The poor blokes over there apparently aren't even allowed to see pictures of real guns! :huh:

2 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Notice how it talks about the primer being at the centre of the case head, meaning it probably came out of a British publication. I found several books on guns at Half-Price books that were made and printed in England, and they all had extremely laughable errors in them. Most of the pictures of guns were also just drawings, which I found quite sad. The poor blokes over there apparently aren't even allowed to see pictures of real guns! :huh:

You figger they're maybe still butthurt a bit over us leaving 'em, whooopin' 'em and making it stick? Therefore they jess don't cottin' to no firearmythings?

:D

Last week The Fresno Bee printed an article about a local gang member being arrested with a sawed-off shotgun. The article was perfect until the very end when the author decided to include this little gem of wisdom,

"Sawed-off shotguns can be especially deadly because the ammunition is propelled faster than if the barrel was complete."

Couldn't resist, so I had to call the reporter and educate him on reality.

5 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Don't forget the story of the anti-gun politician in CO who wanted to ban large-capacity magazines, and who honestly thought once the ammo in them was used up they were thrown away. :rolleyes:

I remember that. She bragged about having studied about guns and gun control for 5 years and now she claimed to be an expert on the subject. 

Archived