SASS Wire Forum

SOLD - Cap and Ball Revolvers

I'm getting out of the cap and ball business, so I'm selling these to finance another option.  I have for sale two Pietta 1860 Army .44 cal. steel framed Sheriff's model revolvers.  These are about 1 year old and have about 200 rounds through each.  Pistols are in perfect condition and come in their original boxes.  There are no drag marks on the cylinders.  The bolts on each gun have been fitted per Larson Pettifogger's instructions available on line.  The cylinder timing is perfect on both.

Slix Shot nipples were bought from Long Hunter and installed on both cylinders.

Also included in the package are two flasks, one plastic and one brass/copper.  Also, a brass powder measure/funnel.  I then bought a bullet/ball cylinder press from Powder Inc.  This one had a few stains on it from the factory so I got it at a bit of a discount.  The wooden piece in the picture below is a combination wedge tapper - cap seater, which works great and slips easily in your pocket.

Last but not least is a Cash snail capper which has been trimmed and adjusted to reliably install percussion caps with no hang ups.

One more thing.  About 300 .451 round lead balls.

Retail on this package breaks down to right at $800.00 before sales taxes and shipping.

I'm selling this as a package deal for $600 plus shipping.

IMAG0145.thumb.jpg.b986468b5bb59cf051f75ae9c0bd26f8.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

I'm looking for a decent pair of entry level cartridge revolvers, preferably in .44-40 or .45 Colt.  If you have any spares laying around, let me know.  I'm not expecting a straight trade, I know I'll have to pony up some extra.

Thanks y'all,

Good Deal for you aspiring Cap Gun shooters.

Everything ya need in one package.

Course, Coffinmaker will tell ya them barrels is about 2-1/2 inches too long.

He'd fix that up right quick, that's why we call him "Hacksaw" Coffinmaker.

Sorry to see you go from the Cap Gun ranks Marshal

Stayin' with black powder I hope!

--Dawg

I have two 45 colt...One is a Evil Roy 4 5/8 inch barrel blue...Can not tell who made it...The other is a Cimarron/Uberti birds head grip in 45 colt...I think 4 inch barrel...In blue...Either one of these show any interest??? They need a new home...Pictures would be hard at this time...

Texas Lizard

48 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Good Deal for you aspiring Cap Gun shooters.

Everything ya need in one package.

Course, Coffinmaker will tell ya them barrels is about 2-1/2 inches too long.

He'd fix that up right quick, that's why we call him "Hacksaw" Coffinmaker.

Sorry to see you go from the Cap Gun ranks Marshal

Stayin' with black powder I hope!

--Dawg

Thanks Dawg.  Yeah, I'm still sticking with black powder.  That part is stuck in my craw.  I'll just be switching from Frontiersman to Frontier Cartridge.

MH

i thought about that< Tyrel, but by time I bought the gated cylinders, ejector assemblies, and had the timing set to the new cylinders, I'd have almost as much in the conversion as I would a good used set of cartridge guns. 

1 minute ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

i thought about that< Tyrel, but by time I bought the gated cylinders, ejector assemblies, and had the timing set to the new cylinders, I'd have almost as much in the conversion as I would a good used set of cartridge guns. 

Well I was more talking about the R&D cylinders.

On 1/27/2019 at 5:01 PM, Marshal Hangtree said:

But you'll have a one of a kind set, like my stainless gated Kirst Uberti Remingtons... Yeah I have over 2 Grand into them, but nobody else does...lol...

Archived