SASS Wire Forum

Does it reflect your true response?

Lately while reading posts made both to the SASS WIRE and the SASS WIRE SALOON, and trying to decide which emoji to use that appropriately expresses my feelings, I have found there to be a conflict based on the choices provided.

I fully understand, that merely posting a response to reflect my feelings to the post, would rectify that problem; however, a lot of times, I wish to respond to the post quickly, as the opportunity to type out a written response may not be available. In addition, one of the reasons for choosing an emoji response, is to provide that person with a reputation builder.

I have thought this over for some time, and it wasn't until lately, when a rash of posts were made, that I found this problem to become bothersome, at least to me.

You see, there can be a big difference between LIKING a post and AGREEING with it or even THANKING the poster.

Here a a few of the posts that reflect this issue:

After reading this post, the first reaction I have to admit was a sad one, thus as many had done, they posted a 747699619_SadEmojiResponse.JPG.5f8a41c3b0b1a3411982af91d3f255f6.JPG.

Someone posted a 681892745_LikeemojiResponse.JPG.867c83bfe9592cc9a384bd0e72c01e0f.JPG, supposedly that they LIKED what the poster had stated.

Somewhere in the middle though, I believe a different emoji would have been just as appropriate....an "I AGREE" emoji.

In this response:

1728497407_MarshalMoHareresponse.thumb.JPG.564130fe5964234458a5c3d7897a4e15.JPG

I would AGREE with what Marshal stated, not necessary LIKE it, although that would be the only choice.

In another post by Lorelei Longshot:

Although I LIKE what she said, I tend to AGREE more with what she said.

These may not be the best examples, but that's what happens when you forget to take notes at the time you come across the issue.

On the other hand, the 1207086361_ConfusedemojiResponse.JPG.a70e55ee810becc4cd01a291823d3fd2.JPGemoji is rarely used.

So what I am suggesting is, if possible, having the "CONFUSED" emoji 1207086361_ConfusedemojiResponse.JPG.a70e55ee810becc4cd01a291823d3fd2.JPG  replaced with an "AGREE" emoji, whatever that may look like. (1812996295_AgreeResponseemoji.JPG.168639d1198a06868632d8fa511f325b.JPG)

Just throwing it out there for your thoughts, suggestions, or other issues you have with the response emoji's.

Thanks emoji response.JPG

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

What's the right emoji to reflect that ∆∆∆∆

Tyrel:

You just made my point.

The right emoji would by 240389532_AgreeResponseemoji.JPG.cd0bcf5751e20ee36837a1ced08c2b7d.JPG  "I AGREE".

Not necessarily that I LIKE the response, but rather I AGREE with the response.

Father Kit Cool Gun Garth,

I agree we need some additional emojis. I also have trouble figuring out which one fits what I really feel.  I'm honored that you chose some of my posts to illustrate your feelings. 

Makes very little difference to me

in summer of 2016 my oldest niece introduced me to "emoji speak" I had seen them before but had no idea that there were literally hundreds of them preloaded on my phone. She told me they are a short hand version of communication so those on social media can carry on a conversation quite quickly and a single emoji can convey a number of words/characters. If texting were a college course she would hold a Doctorate and I would still be in remedial grade school.

However .... I took short hand in high school and never came close to mastering it and while I sometimes use :FlagAm:, :), :wub:, :blink:, :angry:, and :( that about sums up what I know about emoji speak. Like short hand, to me it is unlikely to become a second language and like most who are not really fluent in a different communication mode my abilities will always be lacking.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Well, instead of doing the easy push-the-mouse-on-the-appropriate-emogie thing, you could always just type, "I agree with this".

But perhaps I have excess time on my hands that allows me to type a coherent response.

(Feel free to assume I put a smiley emogie here)

40 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Well, instead of doing the easy push-the-mouse-on-the-appropriate-emogie thing, you could always just type, "I agree with this".

But perhaps I have excess time on my hands that allows me to type a coherent response.

I agree with this statement!!

42 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

+ a big gazillion

(but be careful not to exadurate)

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Utah Bob:

As I stated in my OP " I fully understand, that merely posting a response to reflect my feelings to the post, would rectify that problem; however, a lot of times, I wish to respond to the post quickly, as the opportunity to type out a written response may not be available."

Since I have time, to respond to your post above :rolleyes:, I'll forgo the emoji response and it's reputation builder and simply state, 1592204193_AgreeResponseemoji.JPG.df5a984c7ae4ae61a72766fe3590614e.JPG"I AGREE".

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

unkind; …. yes

but he may have indicated a hint of how he felt …… a little bit

Some things are better left unsaid (unindicated), especially when they are unkind. BTW, I didn't see that as a hint. I saw it as a smack in the face to a kind person.

I am sorry that some of you feel that post was unkind. Did any of you stop to think that just maybe I wasn't directing it at him? Maybe,  I'm agreeing and believe we need an emoji for that means "I think your post is useless and/or ignorant and/or sucks"?

I'd honestly like to have these emoji added:

poop-emojis.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the sheer volume of content that some post on here; the world has Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc... it just doesn't need to be here too. 

Father Kit if we're ever at a match together I'll buy the first round.

If some of y'all don't like my posts, feel free to scroll on by. Carry on, I'm going to kick the neighbor's dog...

Relax, it's an expression, I love animals.

How about one for..... "DUH".    This could be interpreted as:

1.  Sure...everyone knows and agrees with that

2. Are you sure about that

3. Uh, thats a stupid comment.  Even a caveman knows better than that.

:lol:

..........Widder

Archived