SASS Wire Forum

Steam punk/ B Western

Boomstick Bruce

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Don't y'all love it when a topic turns into a completely unrelated discussion?

Topic morphing is a requirement of the Wire... Has been since I joined 15 years ago.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Don't y'all love it when a topic turns into a completely unrelated discussion?

Think real hard now Tyrel, have you ever done it???:P I think we all have at one time or another. I know I'm guilty and proud of it!:lol:

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Think real hard now Tyrel, have you ever done it???:P I think we all have at one time or another. I know I'm guilty and proud of it!:lol:

Never, not one time :P

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Boomstick Bruce said:

I didn't mean another category, I meant along with b Western, either dress b Western OR dress steampunk. Same rules, same guns, different costume. That's all.

I don't see how trying to attract younger shooters is a bad thing...

The only category I would like to see added is a big bore category, .40 call and up. But that's for another discussion...

I didn't notice anyone reply to this. :unsure:

Bruce, that category exists. It is called Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl.

About Steampunk, I do not see it as being combined with BW. It should be it's own category or wear those clothes in GF, FCGF, or an age-based category.

I too have seen people shoot BW that do not follow the "flashy and fancy" mandate. 

I would add more to this conservation but I'd rather stay conversatory.

Actually, although I posted what I would do if I had a malfunction while shooting TWO semi-auto's at the

same time, I can see exactly the situation as Phantomborg is describing.

I've been around some fairly good and safety minded shooters that encounter a jam (failure to feed or failure to fire)

while shooting only ONE pistol, and you normally have to remind the shooter of certain safety precautions while they try to correct the problem.

It can be Yuuuuuugly.    The shooter wants to work on the problem at the same time as having a loaded mag in the pistol.   They clear out one jam and quickly create another because of the mag still in the pistol.

When there is a failure to FIRE, the safety might be a common action to make the pistol safe.....BUT when there

is a failure to FEED, you can't apply the safety with a jammed up round hanging up between the mag and

the chamber.

I don't shoot WB, but I do shoot a lot of semi-autos and my comments stem from personal experiences.

I don't even like to practice with someone who likes to us 2 semi-autos at the same time, much less

get involved with competition that allows it.

Just my .02

..........Widder

7 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I didn't notice anyone reply to this. :unsure:

Bruce, that category exists. It is called Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl.

About Steampunk, I do not see it as being combined with BW. It should be it's own category or wear those clothes in GF, FCGF, or an age-based category.

I too have seen people shoot BW that do not follow the "flashy and fancy" mandate. 

Doesn't cc/cg have gun restrictions?

2 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Doesn't cc/cg have gun restrictions?

Yes .40 cal and above and hammer or lever shotguns

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yes .40 cal and above and hammer or lever shotguns

Yeah, and I just dumped a pile of money into my new single trigger Baikal... And bought a stainless 92

2 minutes ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

Yeah, and I just dumped a pile of money into my new single trigger Baikal... And bought a stainless 92

That'll get ya through this season...

Maybe :P:lol::lol:

Just shoot Wrangler or Duelist/Double Duelist for a while.

11 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

You can still dress Classic!!

Archived