SASS Wire Forum

SOLD****Ponsness Warren 800B 12 ga loader****SOLD

Cherokee Slim

***SOLD***Up for sale is my Ponsness Warren 800B 12 gauge reloader. As you may be aware, this is an older model produced by PW but was the premier reloader they offered at one time. This is a very impressive machine and is built like a tank. Even though it has some age on it, the machine performs outstandingly. The paint job on it is somewhat “flaked” as you can see in the photographs, but that in no way affects its operation.

This is way overkill for what anyone needs for cowboy action, unless you load for a small group of cowboys, or have the ability to shoot several days per week; then it makes more sense. I knew it was much, much more than I needed when I purchased it a few years ago, but, then again, I use an XL650 to load the 250+ rounds of .38 that I need per month. Many would say, and they would be correct, that is a vast amount of overkill. However, I have now run into a space problem; running out of room in my workshop and need to make some changes.

So I'm now offering up this excellent 12 gauge reloader for $450, picked up in Anderson, SC. I would pack it and ship it if you really want to pay for that, but I would imagine that shipping costs would be pretty high. It's a beast of a machine and very heavy. I'm willing to do a little bit of driving to assist with a transfer of ownership if that will help. Had figured I would list this on Shotgunworld.com but decided maybe another cowboy might appreciate this fine piece of machinery so wanted to put it here first.

It comes with an assortment of extras; spare parts, spare wad guides, a complete extra set of hull dies (8), an assortment of shot bushings and a large assortment of powder bushings, primer arms, plus many other extras you can see in the pictures (excluding anything “blue” that happens to show up in the photo....). All of this came with the loader when I purchased it, but I have never needed to use any of it. It is an amazing machine to operate and pretty simple once set up to run, and extremely reliable. The guy I bought it from used it to load between 5,000 and 7,000 rounds per month, and only sold it because he moved up to the latest and greatest from PW when they came out with a new model.

It is set up now for loading Winchester AA 's with 3/4 oz of shot; never had any trouble with knock-downs as long as I pointed the shotgun in the right direction, but there is ample selection of shot and powder bushings should you desire to change that. Send me a PM if interested, or if you have any questions. Thanks.

DSCF1468.thumb.JPG.9ec82581ecff63fae08ac9aafa70a061.JPGDSCF1476.thumb.JPG.5f045510824c33257046e00e173ab149.JPGDSCF1471.thumb.JPG.4e25dd5491752570ecc7e221d0855090.JPGDSCF1472.thumb.JPG.2c18cf3f5ba14bedc63ca4ab71db2916.JPGDSCF1473.thumb.JPG.02ffe51614ac18468a9d24bbf8e7d38f.JPGDSCF1475.thumb.JPG.1b3bb7a72f934505387bef9fc208efd0.JPG

On 1/27/2019 at 8:29 PM, Waimea said:

Holy catfish, that's a steal!!

I think it's quite a bargain, but I'm a little biased......  I'll give it another run to see if anyone might be interested.

36 minutes ago, Waimea said:

You should find a SG Forum.

I'd say it would go for double what you're asking here.

My original plan was to just post it on ShotgunWorld.com classifieds, but I thought perhaps another cowboy might be able to put it to use.  So I posted on SASS to give people here an opportunity to acquire it before listing it there.  One sold on another forum I frequent about 2 months ago for $1100 and it was just the basic machine, none of the extras I'm throwing in.  The paint job was in better shape but with a machine like this, the paint job is of little import.  I got a good deal on this loader when I bought it, so I was just going to pass on the good deal to another cowboy if possible.

1 hour ago, Lead Friend, SASS #53635 said:

If you had to guess what do you imagine shipping might be to 80110?

I've never shipped anything close to the size and weight of a package this would make.  It would need to be disassembled of course, so most likely would be packed in a couple of boxes.  Give me some time to put a tape measure to it and I'll see if I can come up with an estimate.  I had hoped for a face-to-face transaction, in part so that I could make the buyer a "smokin' deal" on hulls, wads, powder and primers.  I have WAY MORE than I'll ever need; some people ( like my wife, for instance........) would say that I tend toward "hoarding".    When you have to factor in shipping, a smokin' deal on hulls and wads loses its appeal, and of course I'm not going to ship the powder or primers.

3 hours ago, Two Timer said:

Any chance you or someone you know is headed to Winter Range. If so I'll take it. 

No, sorry, I don't know anyone going.  But I would be real hesitant to ask even a good friend to cart this whole thing across country for me.  This is a large machine.

Archived