SASS Wire Forum

New grips for Schofields.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

After looking at a lot of options I finally got some new grips for my Smith and Wesson Performance Center Schofields. Giraffe bone is what I chose and I could not be happier with them Giraffe seems to be a good alternative to ivory and has a lot of character to it. 

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg

Who made them?

8 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Who made them?

They were a custom order and they were made by an older gentleman that prefers not to be named in an attempt to not be overrun with work. I was fortunate enough to have him agree to do them. 

Just now, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

They were a custom order and they were made by an older gentleman that prefers not to be named in an attempt to not be overrun with work. I was fortunate enough to have him agree to do them. 

He does beautiful work, nice grips.

Those are sweet!  If you gave a name I would have reached out for sure haha.  I have stock black grips just itching to be replaced with something purdy...

2 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

Those are fantastic. I’ve been contemplating giraffe bone, but wasn’t sure how they’d come out. Those are perfect. How do they feel in your hand? Compared to ivory?

They have the warmth and feel of ivory, and they come form the femur so they have natural little stress fractures and variations and character in each one. I also had a set made for my main match Vaqueros and they transformed those guns as well. They are overly thick nor are they slick. Try a pair you might like them. 

They look great!!!

Archived