SASS Wire Forum

The dying preacher

An old preacher was dying. He sent a message for his banker and his lawyer, both church members, to come to his home.

When they arrived, they were ushered up to his bedroom. As they entered the room, the preacher held out his hands and motioned for them to sit on each side of the bed.

The preacher grasped their hands, sighed contentedly, smiled, and stared at the ceiling. For a time, no one said anything.

Both the banker and lawyer were touched and flattered that the preacher would ask them to be with him during his final moments.

They were also puzzled, the preacher had never given them any indication that he particularly liked either of them. They both remembered his many long, uncomfortable sermons about greed, covetousness, and avaricious behaviour that made them squirm in their seats.

Finally, the banker said: "Preacher, why did you ask us to come?"

The old preacher mustered up his strength and then weakly said: "Jesus died between two thieves, and that's how I want to go."

2 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Interesting, I have the same odd desire.

Got JUST the place!!  Right here in my front yard!!! :lol: :rolleyes: :wacko:

On 1/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t want to go...

Reminds me of that song back in the 70's?  Please Mr Custer, I don't want to go.

19 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Reminds me of that song back in the 70's?  Please Mr Custer, I don't want to go.

That was in the early '60s!!  :lol:

Archived