SASS Wire Forum

Coming back after along time

Sam Masterson SASS#40954

Hi all,

I used to be a member a long time ago.

I started shooting USPSA and while I enjoy it I really do miss Cowboy. More fun, more friendly and now I have a buckaroo I can bring and being in my forties I have more disposable money than my late twenties.

I have since lost the badge with my number.

My questions are:

Can I request a new badge with the same number or do I need to order a silver one.

Are the polymer coated lead bullets okay for Cowboy (Sprit of the game and all that) since I have lots from USPSA.

Why was I away so long?

Thanks all.

Welcome back!

No idea about the badge, you'll probably have to buy one with the same number.

If you mean polymer coated like Hi-tek or moly coated like Bear Creek; yes.

No idea why you were away so long, but it's water under the bridge; get out there and shoot!

Welcome back Sam.

Coated bullets are fine. Try calling Ruby at headquarters for an answer on getting a new badge-- 505-843-1320

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

Your SASS number is yours permanently, if no one has taken your alias, you can renew your membership and keep your current alias.

Coated bullets will work fine in our game.

You must be out on the trail for far too long, time to come home.  Welcome back.

Take time to read the latest version of the Shooter Handbook before your first match.  Besides allowing polymer coated bullets, some penalties are gone.  Rank point scoring is gone too.  Take an ROI course at your first opportunity.  BTW, bulk .22s are now readily available for your Buckaroo.  A few years back they were not.

I enjoy modern action shooting.  Shooting while moving is fun.  So is bangin' and clangin' steel cowboy-style.  :D

Welcome back!  Its a great feeling coming back to it and you never really realize how much you missed it until you go to your first match.  I was Cowboy retired for nearly 7 years.  Came back to it myself in 2018 and was welcomed back like I had never been away. 

Decided it was time to take a break from plastic guns and plastic holsters, huh. Welcome back to metal and leather.

Welcome back home !

Rooster 

welcome back to the fire,,,,  

Welcome Back! USPSA is a lot of fun, but cowboy is much funner! 

Welcome back, hoss!  I returned last year after a long hiatus myself, and it's more fun than I remembered! 

Great that you have your buckaroo with you - those will be memories to cherish!

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

I took an 8 or 9 year hiatus myself.  Welcome back!

As to the badge, I've been told by the SASS office that you can't get another of the original run.  Have to get the larger silver plated one now.  It's a shame.  I really like the smaller lighter one that came with my original membership packet.

11 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I took an 8 or 9 year hiatus myself.  Welcome back!

As to the badge, I've been told by the SASS office that you can't get another of the original run.  Have to get the larger silver plated one now.  It's a shame.  I really like the smaller lighter one that came with my original membership packet.

That is correct. the new members badge is slightly different and I think I like it better but the same applies if you lose your original badge. You must order a collectors badge to replace it. SASS purchases badges in groups.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, Carolina Drifter said:

Welcome back!  Its a great feeling coming back to it and you never really realize how much you missed it until you go to your first match.  I was Cowboy retired for nearly 7 years.  Came back to it myself in 2018 and was welcomed back like I had never been away. 

I have a similar story, which Black Hills Barb included in her range report for the North Mountain Shootout.  I was away for a number of years for a variety of reasons.  Because of medical issues I did not feel I could participate in the match, but Barb said that I was more than welcome to come up and hang out.  I wasn't in the clubhouse more than 5 minutes when I was recognized and welcomed back.  It was like I had never gone away.  That's what Cowboy Action shooting is about.

Archived