SASS Wire Forum

Do You Want Fries with Your Fries?

Subdeacon Joe

Bet those would get addictive in a hurry.

My uncle when he returned home from the Pacific as a Marine, he decided he never wanted to see spam again. 

For me, the spam fries looked quite palatable - or in today's words - Yummm-OOO.

My dad had an aversion to Mac and Cheese having had that a thousand times in the CCCs.  Me, I love Mac and Cheese. :-)

I am sure that my children have certain meals that they would never like to see again.  For me, it is ring bologna - detestable tasting invention of a sadist I think.  My dad and the rest of my siblings rather enjoyed it.  Go figure.  Favorite "special" meals for me are fish - canned salmon, sardines, anchovies, and catfish (left over catfish the next day are best) and smelt.  These bring  back fond memories of when I was a kid in Wisconsin living by the lakes and river. Fish - it's what for dinner. :-)

STL Suomi

3 hours ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

My uncle when he returned home from the Pacific as a Marine, he decided he never wanted to see spam again. 

For me, the spam fries looked quite palatable - or in today's words - Yummm-OOO.

My dad had an aversion to Mac and Cheese having had that a thousand times in the CCCs.  Me, I love Mac and Cheese. :-)

I am sure that my children have certain meals that they would never like to see again.  For me, it is ring bologna - detestable tasting invention of a sadist I think.  My dad and the rest of my siblings rather enjoyed it.  Go figure.  Favorite "special" meals for me are fish - canned salmon, sardines, anchovies, and catfish (left over catfish the next day are best) and smelt.  These bring  back fond memories of when I was a kid in Wisconsin living by the lakes and river. Fish - it's what for dinner. :-)

STL Suomi

My dad served in the army in the Pacific and would throw rocks at Spam as well. After enough camping trips where I thin sliced it and fried it crisp like bacon he decided it wasn't so bad after all. Still wouldn't eat it right out of the can though! I don't care for it much either. Kinda like eating cold Crisco.

JHC

After returning from Korea my stepdad would not eat fowl of any kind and we rarely had it except for when we were invited to my aunts house for thanksgiving. The first time I ate fried chicken from KFC as a teenager I thought I’d died and gone to heaven, I don’t think I’d ever had it before.

4 hours ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

Favorite "special" meals for me are fish - canned salmon, sardines, anchovies, and catfish (left over catfish the next day are best) and smelt.

I have never been able to like canned salmon. Sardines, yes.  Anchovies, yes. Both with yellow mustard on crackers.  Smelt I can take or leave.  Ditto for catfish.  

59 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

My grandson was 12 or 13 when he said “Mom, did you know there was a place called ‘Kentucky Fried Chicken?’”

These two fellers come to a strange town for a lodge meeting. But they could not find the Knights of Columbus hall.

They knew they were in the right area, but no luck. So one of 'em hollers at this kid on a bicycle. "Hey, kid! You know where the K of C is?"

Kid says, "Sure. Follow me." Led 'em down a couple blocks, turned a corner and rode into a Kentucky Fried parking lot.

Archived