SASS Wire Forum

A Letter To The Woman Who Called A Cop A Monster Because Of His Tattoos (After He Saved Her Life)

Dantankerous

Pretty sure that if he was in the same situation again and her life was again in danger he’d drag her miserable ass out of the burning car. That’s the kind of person he is.

One of my greatest memories is stopping a car on a busy street and  walking up to the window.  There the woman went off on me like I was a dog.  After listening to her rant about how sorry cops were, and how I had no right to stop her, I reached up and  handed her the purse she had left on the roof of the car.  Without a word, I turned and went back to my patrol car...but I had a grin from ear to ear.

Some people have no couth. 

Long story short: Years ago I witnessed a head-on accident. Everyone involved had been drinking. Guy in a Datsun pickup was dead. Man (driving) and girl (passenger) of the Toyota car were alive but really in bad shape. When I got to the car the driver was crawling out the window on the driver's side. He was coughing up blood. Lots of it. His chest cavity was crushed against the steering wheel. He died the next day, I found out. His passenger, a very pretty girl was wedged between the dash and the passenger seat. She was sitting on the floor with her back to the passenger door. I got the guy settled on the ground. All my first aid training didn't prepare me for broken legs, shattered pelvis, crushed chest and coughing up blood. He kept trying to get up to rescue his girlfriend. I managed to get the driver's side door open and the girl was pleading with me to pull her out. I questioned her about what she felt. She said she couldn't feel her legs. Her feet were bare. I ran my finger nail up the bottom of her foot to see her reaction she didn't move and did not react. I did it again in a way that I knew would tickle or get a reaction and she didn't feel it. I figured her back was broke. I told her she would have to stay there until the Paramedics arrived. I didn't tell her my suspicions....she had enough worry. That girl cussed me and cursed me as I kept trying to explain that I didn't want to add to her injuries by pulling her out. The Police and Fire arrived and I told them what I saw and they sent me on my way. That girl was still cussing me as I got in my truck to leave. I found out that she died shortly after they pulled her out of the car. She had substantial internal bleeding. I hope that before she died she had some good words for her rescuers.

22 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

'They' will always walk among us, and breed...........:lol:

and vote...

Trauma isnt only where PTSD comes from , Betrayal is more damaging. The Chief betrayed the Officer in ways that most people will never understand. 

Imis

23 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Trauma isnt only where PTSD comes from , Betrayal is more damaging. The Chief betrayed the Officer in ways that most people will never understand. 

Imis

+100000000000000000000000000000000000

43 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

One of my greatest memories is stopping a car on a busy street and  walking up to the window.  There the woman went off on me like I was a dog.  After listening to her rant about how sorry cops were, and how I had no right to stop her, I reached up and  handed her the purse she had left on the roof of the car.  Without a word, I turned and went back to my patrol car...but I had a grin from ear to ear.

I am afraid I might have turned without saying a word taken her purse back to my patrol car.

“I’ll bet if you just write her a letter of apology, this whole thing will go away and we won’t have to deal with a lawsuit,” he told me.  “We don’t want to deal with that… and neither do you.”

^^^This is truly sad, not only the complaint but not having support?

If I tried to to put in words how I feel about these people not wanting to support our Law enforcement officers, I would be banned from this forum.

To All y'all LEO'S,  Thank You, and God bless. :FlagAm:

20 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

+100000000000000000000000000000000000

When you reach a certain rank in many police departments, you stop being a cop and start being a politician.

This is one of those times. I'd like to tell you that the attitude of that Chief toward the officer in question is rare. But I can't.

Most of my stories are just better off in the grave with them.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Had one twitt try to sue me because I had to break his windshield to get him out, when he was rear-ended and the second car was on fire......:rolleyes:

'They' will always walk among us, and breed...........:lol:

OLG

Not if they remain so accident prone. That should drain the gene pool some. ;)

2 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Yesterday three people called me a racist for choosing to turn off NFL in my house until they learn to stand.  

I pay no attention to the racist card -- it has been overplayed.

1 hour ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Same here. It has no meaning anymore. Nowadays a person could be called one for wearing white socks.

8 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Yesterday three people called me a racist for choosing to turn off NFL in my house until they learn to stand.  

6 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

4 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Same here. It has no meaning anymore. Nowadays a person could be called one for wearing white socks.

Any more the person calling someone a racist is much more likely to fit that deffinition than the one being labeled.

Dealing with the administration is often more stressful for an officer than dealing with the public.   Especially, if the administration is politically motivated by the latest PC agenda.  I was fortunate to have survived to retirement but it wasn't always easy.

10 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I recommend watching Justified over NFL.

:D

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

When an individual resorts to playing the racists card I see it as a desperate attempt to defend their indefensable position.  

When they try that it tells me they are fresh out of facts

20 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Any more the person calling someone a racist is much more likely to fit that deffinition than the one being labeled.

What was that saying? "Takes one to know one".

Archived