SASS Wire Forum

Question about 4473 and call-in

Alpo

It's been ten years since I bought a gun, or worked on the other side of the counter. So maybe my memory has gone bad.

I remember the call in only being good for 3 days. If you bought the gun on Monday, called it in, and didn't pick it up until Friday, you have to do another call in.

Therefore you did not do the call-in until the customer was actually picking up the gun. Isn't that the way it works now?

The check is done at the time the gun is transferred.  If delayed, NICS has 3 days to deny the transfer.  If no decision is made in 3 days, then the transfer may proceed.  

31 minutes ago, Alpo said:

It's been ten years since I bought a gun, or worked on the other side of the counter. So maybe my memory has gone bad.

I remember the call in only being good for 3 days. If you bought the gun on Monday, called it in, and didn't pick it up until Friday, you have to do another call in.

Therefore you did not do the call-in until the customer was actually picking up the gun. Isn't that the way it works now?

With a 10 day waiting period in Kalifornia I don’t think the 3 day thing would work because when you do the initial paperwork they make the call. You’d have to make 3 calls to keep it going.

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

The check is done at the time the gun is transferred.  If delayed, NICS has 3 days to deny the transfer.  If no decision is made in 3 days, then the transfer may proceed.  

This is correct. Additionally, an FFL can wait longer than three days, depending on their policy. The 4473 information is good for thirty days from the date it was signed and submitted. There is a block for certifying the information is still true at the time of actual transfer.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

It's been ten years since I bought a gun, 

Wait a minute! ......Whaat?? :blink:

Oh, Bobby, Bobby. I done got most of the good stuff. And just about everything made in the last decade (or longer) has been "plastic fantastic", "striker-fired", "safety trigger", "tactical".

I ain't really seen anything that calls to me.

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

Oh, Bobby, Bobby. I done got most of the good stuff. And just about everything made in the last decade (or longer) has been "plastic fantastic", "striker-fired", "safety trigger", "tactical".

+1:(

Alpo,

You need to look into  joining the  "Gun of the  month  club  " that  was mentioned  on  another  thread . 

You got  some serious  catching  up  to  do . 

CS  

With all the SUTPID changes being made to regulations and perfectly good design, if it weren't for Cap Guns I'd go out of my skull.  The idiots at Uberti have completely prostituted themselves into the mud.  Very few DAs that I like and the really god ones were discontinued in the past.  After the 1911, what's the point??  1911's the best semi-auto ever designed/manufactured.

Plastic??  No way.  Black guns??  Not my cup of coffee.  Hi capacity semi-auto military replicants??  No real place on the street.  I really can empathize with Alpo.

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

It doesn't have to be something new, used guns that are new to you count.  Maybe a Heritage Rough Rider in .22LR for cheap fun.  Or a nicer Single Six.  Maybe something nostalgic, like a mares leg to be a famous bounty hunter.  What about a new chambering in a rifle you like?  Do you have a varmint problem? Try looking at the flat shooting .17 HMR or the .204 Ruger developed about 15 years ago.  

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

What do you suggest I get, since I apparently need more?

Nothing  in particular . 

If you  have  found  contentment ,  then  good  on you . Something  we should  all  find  eventually . 

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

With all the SUTPID changes being made to regulations and perfectly good design, if it weren't for Cap Guns I'd go out of my skull.  The idiots at Uberti have completely prostituted themselves into the mud.  Very few DAs that I like and the really god ones were discontinued in the past.  After the 1911, what's the point??  1911's the best semi-auto ever designed/manufactured.

Plastic??  No way.  Black guns??  Not my cup of coffee.  Hi capacity semi-auto military replicants??  No real place on the street.  I really can empathize with Alpo.

Now I'm depressed!

Archived