SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Dinner at Winter Range Thursday Feb. 21

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

Classic Cowboy Dinner at Winter Range-Buffalo Chip 6:30 pm Thursday February 21.

We are back at it again folks. At Winter Range we will have a whole heap of Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls, folks thinking about becoming Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls, and others who just enjoy being around us. So we like to have a get together for anyone who wants to come at which we recognize our Classic Cowboy and Cowgirl Shootists of the Year for the past year. These are folks who have shown themselves to be willing to shoot the big calibers one handed and master the mystery of the hammered shotgun while promoting the category for others to try. We had many worthy candidates, and our winners for 2018 are Major Art Tillery and Cayenne Kay.

We will convene at the Buffalo Chip Saloon in Cave Creek for dinner at 6:30 Thursday February 21, which is the first day of the match. Here is a link to their website.https://buffalochipsaloon.com/  We know that the Cowboy Swap Meet has been changed to that day starting at 5:30 pm, but our hope is that you can get your shopping done early and come out. And we will be there for a good while, with the presentation of the Buckles taking place no earlier than 7:30. Lots of good times and camaraderie to be had. Put it on your schedule for Winter Range!

Update: the Magnificent Seven (well, really Augustus Goodnight, but we asked him) have arranged for a cut rate deal on the Buffalo Chip dinner with a $14.95 all you can eat barbq deal. Just go through and tell them you are with the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Dinner. Drinks are on your own. They asked us for a headcount, so let us know if you  are coming or hope to come. See you there!

2/20 Update:

The Buffalo Chip has arranged for the dinner to be held inside. The waether should not be a problem. Come on down and honor our new Shootists of the year.

Whenever I went to WR (09-14) another cowboy and I went to this dinner. Buffalo Chip Saloon is a great place and the company at the dinner was always outstanding! A "to do" thing

Been thinking about making that jump to Classic.  Have to look for a set of big bore race ready revolvers. I really like Buffalo Chip Saloon!  I know Taco Bill, Irish Pat, Apache Scout, Texas Tommy Gun and Juan Riot would like to go and see some of our Idols! (TJD, Dragon Hill Dave, Shotglass, Squawty, etc).  

Insanity and I will be there to shake your hand Major!

Congrats to a worthy Cowboy!!

Look forward to meeting Cayenne Kay and congratulating her as well.

Asa Smith

On 1/25/2019 at 5:09 PM, Asa Smith said:

Insanity and I will be there to shake your hand Major!

Congrats to a worthy Cowboy!!

Look forward to meeting Cayenne Kay and congratulating her as well.

Asa Smith

It'll be good to see you folks!  To bad we have to travel so far away to meet up :lol:

Note that we have updated the announcement with notice that we have a $14.95 all you can eat barbq bargain and asking you to let us know if you might be coming so we can give them an approximate headcount.

I plan to be there with my wife. Want to meet as many classics as I can. Also bringing two other shooters with me. 

Jax T

On 1/28/2019 at 12:36 PM, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

... asking you to let us know if you might be coming so we can give them an approximate headcount.

I'll be there. Fairly certain Pony Soldier will be too.

Y'all have fun!! Can't make it this year. BTW Buffalo Chip serves Moose Drool beer the official beer of Chili Pepper Kid.

Congratulations to Major & Cayenne

Hey!!! I just noticed this is the second year in a row that a shooter with a pepper related alias has got the award. 

Howdy Dragon Hill & Augustus Goodnight - yep, I'm planning on joining the fun again this year - see you there.

Looking forward to Thursday evening - I have two more coming with me - Territorial Ryder and Lightfoot - not Classic but fun shooters travelin' together.  See you there.

Looks like Gunsmoke and Capitan Regulator will be able to make it this year, see y’all there.

Archived