SASS Wire Forum

WTB Hammer 10G double

Hoss

Well, couple of threads about 10guage shotguns has me on the want again. been looking for a hammered 10G double. Does not have to be pretty but needs to be a solid shooter. Anybody have a safe queen you are ready to move out? 

1 hour ago, Texas Lizard said:

There are 10 on Gunbroker when  looked...Seems they are a low 700 up to 3500...Have a field day...I'm keeping mine...

Texas Lizard

I really would prefer to buy one from so body I can trust when they say “it’s an honest Shooter”   I’m pretty leery of gunbroker. 

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I really would prefer to buy one from so body I can trust when they say “it’s an honest Shooter”   I’m pretty leery of gunbroker. 

Public Notice only...I am still not selling mine...There should be some out there somewhere...

Texas Lizard

Don't blame you also...

It seems that Texas Lizard has all the 10 gauge doubles and all the 10 gauge 1887's and all the 10 gauge 1901's

He's the Carmax of 10 gauge's

:D

Dakota

1 hour ago, Dakota Steele SASS# 34757 said:

It seems that Texas Lizard has all the 10 gauge doubles and all the 10 gauge 1887's and all the 10 gauge 1901's

He's the Carmax of 10 gauge's

:D

Dakota

Just one double and one 87...As 1901s not sure but at least 4 maybe 5...Got some good breeding stock...

Texas Lizard

6 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Just one double and one 87...As 1901s not sure but at least 4 maybe 5...Got some good breeding stock...

Texas Lizard

Can the 1901's be used in SASS?

5 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Why not 97s from 1900 are used...The 1901 is somewhat the same as a 1887...I am sure experts here on the wire give the best answer...

Texas Lizard

I figured, was just curious.

I might have just what you need. The trade name is "Enterprise Machine Company", which was used by Henri Pieper of Liege, Belgium in the 1880's - a well-known and respected gun maker of the period. Barrels are laminated twist steel, not Damascus (still black powder only), full-length 30", unknown choke restriction, "good" bores & chambers (better than average), good wood, good butt plate, good hammers. Very slight, but noticeable play when locked up. Hammer springs are quite stout. I've shot it a few times, but have a couple 1889 Remingtons I usually use. "Solid shooter"

I'll go $585, shipped & insured, no FFL required.

I'll get some pictures outside tomorrow in natural light.

2 hours ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I might have just what you need. The trade name is "Enterprise Machine Company", which was used by Henri Pieper of Liege, Belgium in the 1880's - a well-known and respected gun maker of the period. Barrels are laminated twist steel, not Damascus (still black powder only), full-length 30", unknown choke restriction, "good" bores & chambers (better than average), good wood, good butt plate, good hammers. Very slight, but noticeable play when locked up. Hammer springs are quite stout. I've shot it a few times, but have a couple 1889 Remingtons I usually use. "Solid shooter"

I'll go $585, shipped & insured, no FFL required.

I'll get some pictures outside tomorrow in natural light.

Sent you a pm

Archived