SASS Wire Forum

Car washes

Rye Miles #13621

I've been going to a nearby carwash, you can pay a monthly fee and go as many times as you want or pay each time which is $8:00 for a simple wash. Wax etc is extra. Okay I have no problem with that but my observation is that these car washes are maybe setup for CARS and not SUV's and trucks. My SUV comes out with water dripping all down the back and doesn't seem to get all the spots around the wheel wells either. Should they have to adjust their brushes, rags etc for the SUV rage???

Seems like over half the cars are SUV's or trucks!

I like washing my own car but not in the winter.

Couldn’t agree with you more. I now drive a dirty Yukon for most off the winter. I have gone thru the best car wash in town, deluxe wash, $ 12:00 bucks. Get home and theres dirt still all over the bottom half. Waste of my money. I could do better to hose it off on warm days

6 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Couldn’t agree with you more. I now drive a dirty Yukon for most off the winter. I have gone thru the best car wash in town, deluxe wash, $ 12:00 bucks. Get home and theres dirt still all over the bottom half. Waste of my money. I could do better to hose it off on warm days

Exactly!!! 

And even those hand wash events don't do a full clean either! :o:P

Car washes have gone to the dogs. :blush:

A family friend took his brand-new Dodge Avenger through a car wash, and weeks later noticed a bunch of deep scratches all up the hood, on the roof, and down the trunk. It was too late to go back and say something so he was basically screwed. Since finding that out I refused to ever use a public car wash again.

Howdy,

The local car wash was ripped down to gravel.

All built brand new 100 percent.

The plain wash is 3 and it steps up to deluxe of 15.

One day I saw little bits of dirt after the 12 dollar wash.

I went into the office and showed them the spots and

they gave me a second wash no charge.

If you don't get the same treatment find another wash.

Also they save parts that come off cars.

They retrieved a 60 dollar cover for my sisters suv.

I always walk around the car after the wash.

Im not driving away with a thousand dollars damage.

Best

CR

43 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I've been going to a nearby carwash, you can pay a monthly fee and go as many times as you want or pay each time which is $8:00 for a simple wash. Wax etc is extra. Okay I have no problem with that but my observation is that these car washes are maybe setup for CARS and not SUV's and trucks. My SUV comes out with water dripping all down the back and doesn't seem to get all the spots around the wheel wells either. Should they have to adjust their brushes, rags etc for the SUV rage???

Seems like over half the cars are SUV's or trucks!

I like washing my own car but not in the winter.

Sounds like you're talking an automated car wash?  Hop over to the manual bay to get under the wheel wells?

I don't go to car washes. Period.  Do it  by hand when weather permits.    GW

I never use the ones with rotating brushes, only the sprayers. They seem to get most of the crud and have an under-carriage wash. In the spring I hand wash the lower half by hand then go get the deluxe wash and I'm good til the next spring.

The last time my wife went to an automated with my truck (she was doing me a favor) the car wash attendant grabbed my CB antenna off the roof and scratched my paint. The antenna has a magnetic base. I didn't know this for about a week after that the paint was scratched. I went to the car wash to complain and the guy that did it no longer worked there. The manager got defensive and told me to take him to court. I cost him more money than court would have. I told all the ladies at the department store next door. They love telling folks about the goings on in that little town. I know I hit him in the pocketbook with that one. :D

This one’s my favorite. Mrs Lose can’t figure out why I need my truck washed every day.

AA510120-B04E-4CCB-A42B-E02722BB796A.jpeg

Archived