SASS Wire Forum

My mean wife says I don't need a m60

Trigger Mike

My wife is shopping in macon which is an hour and half from where we live. Another hour further up from macon is a gun store that gunbroker says has a transferrable m60 with spare barrel and sling. When I texted my wife to see if she would go buy it for me she said no one needs it. I replied it would be great for deer hunting for times multiple deer come out at once and how our 9 year old would love it. She replied "that's ok". I told her she was a mean person and so she said "but you love me anyway" I guess this means she won't get it for me.  My poor deprived children will never know the thrill of cleaning a m60 

I did reply to her that 9f course I love her but still no m60.  For any of you that recall the trouble we had when she had cancer know that just 3 years ago she'd shot me with the m60 and she couldn't joke with me much then. It is a real joy to be able to kid with her and her not be wanting to fight.  Sometimes by God's grace things can get better. There are still some bad days but  not daily bad days and further apart bad days so hang in there 

50 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I really don't understand why she said no.  It is only 55000

That’s just the purchase price. Then you got to feed the the beast. 

Without Uncle Sam buying the bullets there’s no way I could afford an automatic weapon. 

Just re-load for 6 months and shoot it for a day.

2 hours ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

that's actually a very good price but I'd rather have an MG42 in that price range!

Maybe find one that's been converted to 7.62x51, too.  Belted 7.92 ain't as available as it once was.

The Czechs and Paki's both used them.  One or the other designated it the MG-3.

If it were in budget, my wife would absolutely love that.  And by in budget, that means feeding it too.  Of course, we'd have to move, and I'd have to find a new job (not opposed to that part, one of these days I'll do it and get the heck out of CA).

TM Im glad your wife is doing better, unfortunately she apparently she still had a mean moment. You NEED an M60, we all do. I dont know how far i could carry one now but I have had that experience. Mini gun is a LOT more fun. Same ammo too.

Imis

Archived