SASS Wire Forum

Alliant sport pistol

Deadshot Dan

Been using trailboss in my .38 loads for a while now and can't say iv'e been unhappy with the results.  It's just time for a change and i'd like to get a little more bang for my buck.  The powder's that iv'e been looking at are titegroup and alliant sport pistol, just wanted to get some knowledge from some of you that may have already used these powder's.  Seem's like every where iv'e looked the sport pistol is out of stock, i guess that could be a good sign or not.

Lawdog Dago Dom

Alliant Sport Pistol Powder

By Lawdog Dago Dom, January 6 in SASS Wire

Some info from this original post may help.

The reason you are probably not seeing it much is because it is their newest powder and the supply of it is limited and slowly coming out. Suppliers are only receiving small shipments at this time. This should change in the near future. I like it better than Titegroup but you must add a couple of tenths more to equal fps of Titegroup.

26 minutes ago, Major B. S. Walker said:

The reason you are probably not seeing it much is because it is their newest powder and the supply of it is limited and slowly coming out. Suppliers are only receiving small shipments at this time. This should change in the near future. I like it better than Titegroup but you must add a couple of tenths more to equal fps of Titegroup.

How is it as far as position and temp sensitivity ?  Doe's it seem to be a clean burning powder ?  From what i have been able to find out about it, sound's like it could be a good choice for cowboy load's.  I was just wanting to get stocked up for the year and wanted to try and get everything on one hazmat.  Seem's like in the past if i waited on one thing by the time they had it, then they'd be out of something else i needed.  Thank you for your guy's help.

10 minutes ago, Cibola Al said:

Almost bought some during Midsouth's last hazmat free deal. In for more info on this powder.

I hadn't thought about midsouth, just checked, out of stock.  :angry:    This is starting to remind me of trying to buy a harley in the early 90's.

I no longer shoot the Heathen Fad Smokeless.  When I use to shoot the Heathen Fad Smokeless stuff, I really Really liked TightGroup.

PS:  Nice Manley BANG even with lighter loadings

Archived